Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

    ADMIN NOTE: I've moved some posts out of the WDW 40th Anniversary Haunted Mansion event thread because they really deserve a spot of their own.

    Olszewski to release the Disney Dream Cruise Ship


    Originally posted by WarriorPoets View Post
    *sighs* I kept telling myself I am not doing WDW since I am committed to Disneyland and that is expensive enough, but man, I love the sign and the Haunted Mansion.

    Curse you, Disney!
    So I shouldn't show you his photo of the Disney Dream/Fantasy Cruise Ship?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	377301829.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	7365957
    Last edited by Dustysage; 09-01-2011, 03:36 PM.


  • #2
    Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

    Originally posted by mikeland View Post
    So I shouldn't show you his photo of the Disney Dream/Fantasy Cruise Ship?

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13038[/ATTACH]
    I hate you so much, I really do.

    *sighs* How much?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

      Originally posted by WarriorPoets View Post
      I hate you so much, I really do.

      *sighs* How much?
      I wish I knew. It can't be inexpensive though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

        Originally posted by WarriorPoets View Post
        I hate you so much, I really do.

        *sighs* How much?
        I got an e-mail from Travis. He didn't say how much it would cost, but he said they would be sold ONLY on the Disney Dream this winter.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

          Originally posted by mikeland View Post
          I got an e-mail from Travis. He didn't say how much it would cost, but he said they would be sold ONLY on the Disney Dream this winter.
          Well, given I am not taking any cruises in the future, that's a load off. But then again, did Disney not say they would be experimenting with offering exclusive cruise merchandise elsewhere? Guess it depends on how sales on-ship go and what demand is like.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

            Seems you are talking about the "Dream" model which will be sold only on board the Dream at the retail price of $195.00.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Olszewski Haunted Mansion at Room for 1 More event

              Originally posted by ROlszewski@aol.com View Post
              Seems you are talking about the "Dream" model which will be sold only on board the Dream at the retail price of $195.00.
              Lucky for me, I'll be on the Dream with a whole crew of MiceChatters in October. I'll bring money and save room in the suitcase. Can't imagine not coming home with that beautiful piece!
              MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

              Find us on Facebook:

              .

              How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                This really seems like an odd move by Disney to only sell it on the ship, when it seems there are Olszewski collectors elsewhere as well, unless this is deemed to be a "limited edition". If the idea is to sell as many as they can, this makes no sense. Why doesn't Disney want my $200? It's not like someone will chose to take the cruise just to get the piece, so this doesn't drive business in any way. The rest of us will have to watch ebay for a reasonable price, in which case Disney still gets their money (maybe that's why they don't care) and someone else makes money too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                  I want one. I neeeeeed one. I must have one!
                  Just countin' the days til the next visit!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                    Originally posted by Dr. G View Post
                    This really seems like an odd move by Disney to only sell it on the ship, when it seems there are Olszewski collectors elsewhere as well, unless this is deemed to be a "limited edition". If the idea is to sell as many as they can, this makes no sense. Why doesn't Disney want my $200? It's not like someone will chose to take the cruise just to get the piece, so this doesn't drive business in any way. The rest of us will have to watch ebay for a reasonable price, in which case Disney still gets their money (maybe that's why they don't care) and someone else makes money too.
                    I think their goal is just to have unique exclusive merchandise on the ship, rather than just to sell as many as possible.

                    Eventually, when they start to bring newer merchandise in, we may see these move to the parks or Disney Shopping (or even Character Warehouse).
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                    Find us on Facebook:

                    .

                    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                      Hey Dustysage...any room in your suitcase for an extra ship for me?????

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                        Well, my understanding is Olzsewski did always want to keep the pieces exclusive to their locations (Disneyland to Disneyland, WDW to WDW), so it only makes sense that they would want to do the same for the ships. It's a shame, since I'd love one, but me being me, I'd want all four since Magic, Dream, Wonder and Fantasy will all have unique looks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                          But aren't they selling WDW pieces at Disneyland now? If so, that defeats the whole "exclusivity" issue.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                            Originally posted by forestlite View Post
                            But aren't they selling WDW pieces at Disneyland now? If so, that defeats the whole "exclusivity" issue.
                            Exactly. We'll see about the ships. Initially, they may be exclusive, but given time and demand, I would think they'd be on sale at WDW at least. If Bob ever does the Magic or whatever cruise ships are repositioned to the West Coast, they may be available at Disneyland.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Olszewski - Disney Dream Ship

                              I can see the "exclusive to a location" thing, but you can usually still order for delivery to your home. I'll have to look into whether or not Cruise items can be ordered somewhere. We did the Western Caribbean Disney cruise in Dec 2008 and loved it, but it was likely a one-time shot for us. Wouldn't trade it for anything though--an amazing trip that we'll remember forever.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X