X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell Smith CK Holliday Locomotive

I saw this announced on Facebook.

Lowell Smith who has made N scale miniatures of the Lilly Belle consist, is will be making a CK Holliday locomotive. It's the perfect size for the Olszewski displays!

Here's a link to the website with a photo of the locomotive:

The CK Holliday - Commissioned by the Walt Disney Company

Click image for larger version

Name:	ckh1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	7367310

Re: Lowell Smith CK Holliday Locomotive

Oh, that is a gem. Be a wonderful addition to the collection. Any word on passenger cars or will it be just the locomotive? Either way, one I'd proudly add.

Comment

I believe it will be the whole set. This link shows one of the prototypes on the Olszewski platform currently on display at Disneyland.

Disney Railroads Discussion Board • View topic - Disney Train exhibit at the Disneyland Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by JiminyC View Post
        I believe it will be the whole set. This link shows one of the prototypes on the Olszewski platform currently on display at Disneyland.

Disney Railroads Discussion Board • View topic - Disney Train exhibit at the Disneyland Gallery
        Thanks for the update and the link to that post. The Holiday and its cars look tremendous in those shots and I for one cannot wait to add them to my collection. Finally, a new addition to my Main Street platform.

One small complaint, and this is no one's 'fault', mind you. If they are doing the Holiday, I really wish Olszewski also had the Frontierland/NOS station ready to go as well, since that was the Holiday's 'home berth' as of 1955. No problem, just put the Holiday on the spur track, just like they did in '55.

A small note, and I do not know if anyone has mentioned this, but according to Bob Olszewski's website, Tree Accessory Pack #4 (the free standing trees for Main Street) has been cancelled. Curious to see if those free trees will be folded into future accessory packs or not.

Cannot wait for whatever is to come next. Cannot wait.

Comment

This is exactly what the doctor ordered. Now I will not need to kit bash an existing 4-4-0 into the the CK. Sure hope this will be available through Mail Order. Any rumblings when this will be available?

-Justin

Comment

Last report had the CK Holiday coming out in either May or June of this year. Frankly, I would not mind a slip to July so its release is closer to the projected release of the last wave of the MSEP, but we'll see.

Stay tuned, though, we should have an announcement of an upcoming Olszewski release soon. *knock wood*

Comment

From Lowell Smith's Facebook page on 6/9/2012, the availability of "CK Holiday" locomotive is coming very soon. What I find interesting is he calls the locomotive. Just speculation, perhaps there will not be entire train set, just the locomotive and tender.

-Justin

Comment

Originally posted by MickeysImagination View Post
                From Lowell Smith's Facebook page on 6/9/2012, the availability of "CK Holiday" locomotive is coming very soon. What I find interesting is he calls the locomotive. Just speculation, perhaps there will not be entire train set, just the locomotive and tender.

-Justin
                That's disappointing if true. Don't get me wrong, I love having the Holiday engine and tender, but with no cars behind it, it's kind of... incomplete.

I would imagine the real big problem in terms of sales now is finding a good slot for it now. We're so close to the reopening of DCA now that the Holiday would get hurt if they released it in June. I might suggest holding on and releasing it in July, maybe close to the 17th if they can. We'll see, won't we?

Thanks for the update, I was just wondering about this.

Comment

Today Lowell Smith gave a heads up for the Lilly Belle locomotive and that to look for its availability next month. This is part of the Carolwood series.

-Justin

Comment

A further update as of July 3rd. Lowell Smith indicates he has spoken with Disney and the C.K. Holiday could be on shelves within 6 weeks.

Comment

A further update as of July 3rd. Lowell Smith indicates he has spoken with Disney and the C.K. Holiday could be on shelves within 6 weeks.

Thanks for the update Justin. I keep checking back here for any updates on this train. Any idea if we'll be able to purchase it via phone order?

Comment

Originally posted by forestlite View Post
                        Any idea if we'll be able to purchase it via phone order?
                        Nothing official regarding mail order or a release event. Though if I were to venture a guess, we should be able to order through Mail Order Guest Service (formerly DelivEARs).

-Justin

Comment

Nothing official regarding mail order or a release event. Though if I were to venture a guess, we should be able to order through Mail Order Guest Service (formerly DelivEARs).

-Justin

Thanks Justin! Keep us posted if you hear any further updates. Don't want to miss out on this piece.

Comment

Hello folks,

Newbie here to the forum and to the Wonderful World of Olszewski Disneyland miniatures! I'm learning new things about these miniatures every day. So, in keeping with that, I have a question. Does any one know if this is motorized? Or is it a static display model? Thanks!

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by DoomBuggies View Post
                              Hello folks,

Newbie here to the forum and to the Wonderful World of Olszewski Disneyland miniatures! I'm learning new things about these miniatures every day. So, in keeping with that, I have a question. Does any one know if this is motorized? Or is it a static display model? Thanks!

Randy
                              Hey Randy,
                              Unless I'm totally off mark, this one is motorized and will be able to move around the track.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X