This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Shipping Costs

Do these tick you off??? I love to look around ebay for pins and other collectibles - I think I've found a great .99 pin and then see that shipping is $5.00 or more.

I mean come on!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Re: Ebay Shipping Costs

Yeah, sometimes they really do a number on the shipping to make up for a possible low bid.

Comment

we sell on Ebay and we see this all the time. You have someone who sells the same party napkin. mine is at retail some one else is at .99 our cost isn't even .99 they jack up the shipping... Atleast you were smart enough to notice. i've read a lot of feedback where the buyer was shocked. Hello you should of read it. Honestly with our customers it is exact shipping plus.25 on the smaller items. on a party pack it is 1.50 but we do have to pay for boxes,tape, fees etc....

Comment

I think a lot of it might have to do with the fact that Ebay and Paypal do NOT take any cuts off shipping charges...just the sell price. So it's a sneaky way of cutting out ebay and paypal....
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by BFJen View Post
          Do these tick you off??? I love to look around ebay for pins and other collectibles - I think I've found a great .99 pin and then see that shipping is $5.00 or more.

I mean come on!

When I am buying something on Ebay, or even Amazon or anywhere else I always look at the shipping cost and factor that into the total cost of the item. If the total is more than I want to pay, I don't. I let someone else pay the price.

BTW: Shipping costs are for shipping and handling. Packing material doesn't come free, someone has to pay for it. Again, I factor the total cost to my front door.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
          -
          What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Many sellers will only ship via Priority mail w/ delivery confirmation which is close to $4.50. They have to have some way to show PayPal they shipped the item if a dispute arises.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
              I think a lot of it might have to do with the fact that Ebay and Paypal do NOT take any cuts off shipping charges...just the sell price. So it's a sneaky way of cutting out ebay and paypal....
              Yep, I think you are right.
              My Father in Law bought a pocket bike for my daughter(why I dont know), but it cost him .99 cents.
              The shipping was $150.00(yes he knew this-the bike is worth that much).
              Last edited by samsma; 07-16-2007, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Extremely high.I understand a stitch hat on vmk is rare but they charged 250$ ( starting bid) and 25$ shipping
                Why :argue: when you could :squeeze:?

Follow the :rules: and you wont have Mods doing this,:mob:

If you treat everybody like family you should end up like this,:ghug: not this,:bash:.

Comment

Originally posted by awesomerocks View Post
                  Extremely high.I understand a stitch hat on vmk is rare but they charged 250$ ( starting bid) and 25$ shipping
                  The item...isn't real. :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by SummerInFL View Post
                    The item...isn't real. :bang:
                    Thats what gets me.:lol: I cant believe there even allowed to sell that kinda stuff..

If you treat everybody like family you should end up like this,:ghug: not this,:bash:.

Comment

Originally posted by awesomerocks View Post
                      $25 to ship a card is basically eBay fraud. They are boosting their $$ without paying eBay fees on the so-called shipping charges. eBay will actually bust sellers for doing this if someone rats them out.
                      Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                      The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                        $25 to ship a card is basically eBay fraud. They are boosting their $$ without paying eBay fees on the so-called shipping charges. eBay will actually bust sellers for doing this if someone rats them out.
                        Yea I couldnt believe that price was so high.This was awhile back but I dont think they should be allowed to sell virtual items anyways..

Comment

I've seen a lot of outrageous shipping charges. But like CU@DL I factor that cost into the item. However, when I see someone trying to charge $40 for shipping for something that weighs ounces and could fit into a flat rate priority box... no thanks!! I don't mind paying a bit over actual shipping costs to cover "handling" (supply costs) but there is a point where its just gouging.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                            I've seen a lot of outrageous shipping charges. But like CU@DL I factor that cost into the item. However, when I see someone trying to charge $40 for shipping for something that weighs ounces and could fit into a flat rate priority box... no thanks!! I don't mind paying a bit over actual shipping costs to cover "handling" (supply costs) but there is a point where its just gouging.
                            Yep!

CU@DL

Andy
                            -
                            What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Well shipping costs have really sky-rocketed. I don't think that it would be five dollars for one pin. But, shipping is quite outrageous now. A package I sent a few days ago would have cost well over 28.00 if I went priority. I went Parcel Post and paid 12.00. I don't know exactly where they come up with their prices at the Post Office, but the difference is outrageous.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X