• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casey_Jr.
    New MiceChatter
    • Aug 2007

Olszewski / Bachmann train set....

Has the N scale Bachmann train been offered for sale, yet?

I understood it was to be a part of the Main Street Train Station.

Thanks.
  • cstephens
    done
    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Casey_Jr. View Post
    Has the N scale Bachmann train been offered for sale, yet?

I understood it was to be a part of the Main Street Train Station.

Thanks.
    Do you mean this one? It was released in 2005, with a limited edition of 1955, which was sold out. It can be used with the Olszewski Main Street collection, but it's not part of the Train Station per se.

Comment

• flyboyhi
      Mililani, Hawaii
      • Mar 2007

Re: Olszewski / Bachmann train set....

I hope they do issue a follow up set. I would love to add more cars to the train. Three just isn't enough

It is nice do display the train with the platform - though it seems out of scale with the train station.

Yes, I know Train is N-scale, Buildings z-scale with adapted doorways etc to N-scale.

I had even purchased a z-scale train, cars and track that is similiar in style to the Disney trains with full "intent" of installing and displaying with my table. But, just hadn't gotten to that yet.

I was lucky to be at the park when the original N-scale train was available and bought.

I had no idea at the time that it was a limited edition (and don't see any indications on the box or train that it is limited)

I also ordered the "train track kit" from the studio when they sold them. But, I never installed it.

Are there any success stories out there with that kit?
      Next DLR Trip: 6-11 Oct 2010
      Club 33: A really big fan...
      Olszewski Fan

Comment

• Taggart
        Self Congratulative
        • Feb 2005

There is a Bachmann Lilly Belle on the way but who cares, because Bachmann's N scale steamers are horribly built.

Comment

• michael crosson
          New MiceChatter
          • Jul 2007

Hello casey and welcome to miceage.com! Well to answer your question whether any n scale trains have been released,I've seen one not too long ago looking exactly like e.p.ripley locomotive #2! I don't think it is for sale anymore but currently they have an ho scale lille belle train set,standing approximately 2" tall with a realistic look to the original train set walt had in his back yard! It also has a yellow caboose! I was told that walt had built that from scratch! I had seen it once at main street disneyland anaheim but don't know where it is now,along with the original 1/8 scale lille belle walt would ride on in his backyard and also give guest rides! I think it is in some other part! But what remains at anaheim is extra parts walt had that disney built and it is there on main st.for viewing but I don't think it ever ran! The conductors say it is able and ready to be fired up! I thought it would be cool to have a 1/8 scale train go around the park! Remember,anything is possible at disneyland but can you imagine the line? Not everone in their life time would be able to ride!
          On that same note,there is a park in riverside off of iowa and columbia st.with a train layout! I walked the track and it goes around a baseball diamond! I don't know when they run the trains but rumor has it it is in the summer!
          But anyway back to your question! I've had relatives own n scale train sets and in my opinion,they are not so realistic! In one locomotive,the whole front lights up! So the first half on the locmotive,deisel,was lit up! Maybe in my opinion,if they put a small bulb like on a mag-light! It can focus and be an excellent addition to the real deal but I've been dealin with ho scale for years and next to reality is lgb scale! Those stand about 10" inches tall and some locmotives run from $200 up to $700 dollars! I've seen a live steamer that ran on butane for under $500 so look around and check different sites or talk to every hobby store you go to and may your dreams come true for believing!07

Comment

• DeliriumTrigger
            MiceChatter
            • May 2007

Originally posted by michael crosson View Post
            I've had relatives own n scale train sets and in my opinion,they are not so realistic! In one locomotive,the whole front lights up! So the first half on the locmotive,deisel,was lit up! Maybe in my opinion,if they put a small bulb like on a mag-light! It can focus and be an excellent addition to the real deal but I've been dealin with ho scale for years and next to reality is lgb scale! Those stand about 10" inches tall and some locmotives run from $200 up to $700 dollars!
            I think the quality really depends on what you buy. I have some N-scale locomotives that look incredibly realistic, and some that look incredibly cheap.

As for LGB scale...I'm thinking you mean "G gauge," as LGB is one of the companies that makes the trains, not the gauge itself. But you're right...those can be incredibly expensive. $700 is cheap for some of the better locomotives I've seen (take a look at Accucraft for one...most of theirs are in the $1300-$3000 range)

Comment

• geoffa
              Geoff London
              • Jan 2007

The thing that annoyed me with the train is that the buildings are Z scale so why make the train in N scale? Total disparity. Z scale do exist.
              As for N gauge I have lots of US locos in this scale and as yet have nevr bought one thatI would consider "cheap". My last purchase was a CSX and its perfectly detailed.
              Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

• flyboyhi
                Mililani, Hawaii
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
                The thing that annoyed me with the train is that the buildings are Z scale so why make the train in N scale? Total disparity. Z scale do exist.
                As for N gauge I have lots of US locos in this scale and as yet have nevr bought one thatI would consider "cheap". My last purchase was a CSX and its perfectly detailed.
                I agree the train looks so huge next to the train station. I know N scale stuff is a lot easier to obtain though. I am sure they wanted a model that "most" people can use.

I also don't consider my N scale stuff "cheap." Some amazing engineering to get that scale to work. I am even more amazed at z scale. I would love to have a "garden" set but my yard here is embarrasingly (sp) small (at least I have some dirt here in Hawaii).

I bought this z scale train with full 'intent" to paint to match a DLR train. But, hadn't gotten to that But, the scale works real well with the buildings.

The platform I was building before the official one came was tracked in Z Scale. (my berms looked terrible though...)

The passenger cars are west theme and very similiar to Bachman set.

N scale people and props (like benches) are a lot easier to find. I have lots and use the hobby glue to hold them down.

When I visit my family in the San Jose area I hit a major hobby store for bits and pieces

tim
                Olszewski Fan

Comment

• tahnee
                  Disneyland Fan
                  • Sep 2007

Checkout our nn3 scale trains, www.agidistrict.com under "Disneylands Trains" in the sidebar. I think you will be impressed! We salvaged the chassis and some parts from the loco shown above and made our own Ernest S. March and Fred Gurley!
                  Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

Comment

• flyboyhi
                    Mililani, Hawaii
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by tahnee View Post
                    Checkout our nn3 scale trains, www.agidistrict.com under "Disneylands Trains" in the sidebar. I think you will be impressed! We salvaged the chassis and some parts from the loco shown above and made our own Ernest S. March and Fred Gurley!
                    Once again amazing work! Thanks for sharing the site.
                    Olszewski Fan

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X