This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laminated Placemat???

The kids and I were at the thrift store, and I found an old placemat. It's 11 1/2" x 17 1/4", one side has a picture of Mickey as a bandleader (Donald, Daisy, Scrooge, Clarabelle, and um, Horace in the band) and Minnie and Goofy in an old car. The other side has a map of the park.

The map side does not have Toontown, Star Tours, Indy, Pooh, or Splash Mt. It does have Space Mt, and Big Thunder. Rocket Jets are in their original place.

There is no year on it, the only text is a copyright c, followed by DISNEY. So, anyone know anything about it? Maybe a year? I'll get pics later, and try to get them uploaded in the morning (lately Photobucket has been arguing with my dialup).
    xo, Deanna

Re: Laminated Placemat???

Sounds neat! Can't wait to hear and see more about this!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

From the attraction on the placemat, it would be something from 1980 to 1986.
      (As Big Thunder opened around 1980, and Star Tours opened in 1987)
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Oh, and we also picked up a copy of The Little Mermaid, with the original cover. Which, of course, I can't look at without snickering...
        xo, Deanna

Comment

Oh oh oh, I forgot, it does have the PeopleMover. What year did that close???

And no Skyway. (I should've just listed everything it has...)
          xo, Deanna

Comment

I'm going to guess it's from 1984ish. We have two of those placemats from when my husband went to Disneyland in 1984. We have a Jungle Cruise one and another--I think it's Haunted Mansion, but I just can't remember right now. I'd love to see yours! I'll take pics of ours and post, too.

Comment

Okay, here's the pics, or do I have to do links?
              xo, Deanna

Comment

That's the exact same one we have, so I'm going to guess it's from 1984!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                  That's the exact same one we have, so I'm going to guess it's from 1984!
                  Awesome, thanks! I don't know what I'm going to do with it, my husband says I should frame it, but I can't figure out where to hang it!
                  xo, Deanna

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X