This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Avanzino Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Available

Hey there Collectors! Happy New Year. I'm pleased to finally let you know that my Haunted Mansion Shadowbox is available for sale at Disneyland. There is an initial order of 300 so if you're interested I suggest you get one right away.

You can see some pictures of it at this link:

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...inalPhotos.jpg

The Letter Key is:
    H - Decorative Wrought Iron
    A - Tombstone Honoring Imagineer Marc Davis
    U - Portrait Chamber Gargoyle
    N - Bone Drumsticks from Graveyard Scene
    T - Bat Stantion from Portrait Corridor
    E - Claw Foot Casket Pedestal from Conservatory
    D - Bride’s Axe from Attic Scene

M - Classic Haunted Mansion Lettering
    A - Dueling Pistols from the Grand Hall
    N - Weathervane Letter
    S - One of the 999 Happy Haunts
    I - Grandfather Clock from the Corridor of Doors
    O - Madame Leota
    N - Hitchhikers’ Thumbs

I hope you enjoy this piece and that it makes a nice addition to your collection.
    Sincerely,
    Dave Avanzino
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-07-2008, 09:35 PM. Reason: Picture added

Re: Dave Avanzino Haunted Mansion Shadowbox Available

Very Nice! Beautiful details, and love the HM wallpaper background!

Thanks for keeping us informed!
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I bought two today ... one for myself .... and one for Skywaygirl ... who lives a little too far away to get one for herself.

It looks so cool!

I still want a Fantasyland one though!
      One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
      Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

I got 2 today also. For those of you not living close by get on the phone with Delievears ASAP, they are a limited edition of 300. Here is the information on them:

Price: $128
        UPC #400012449048
        Description: DAVEA LETTERS HM

Dave has done such a great job on these, they are the best yet!!!!

Comment

I heard from a very reliable CM that they are NOT limited editions. I am confused!!!!

Comment

I would go with what the artist said of "initial order of 300" vs Limited Edition of 300. However, who knows if another order will be made. You never can tell what Disney may or may not reorder.

Comment

The piece looks aweome Dave. Thank you very much for your awesome work, we have all 9 of the Disneyland series and the Pirates rusty chest, which is one of my favorites.
              I was in the Magic Kingdom, now I'm in the Carribbean.
              You get something really wicked, when you spend an E-Ticket!

~The Vandals "Pirates Life"

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost View Post
                I would go with what the artist said of "initial order of 300" vs Limited Edition of 300. However, who knows if another order will be made. You never can tell what Disney may or may not reorder.
                That's for sure! And, I asked my friend about the 300 and she said that nobody in the park knows about that. haha! One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing at MOST major corporations!

I am just thrilled it's out and will be callling DelivEARS tomorrow to get mine. I am addicted to these boxes. How many others will there be??? Anyone know?
                Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 01-07-2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Looks awesome! I always love your work, Dave!
                  <o>

Comment

Hi there again.
                    Thank you all for your nice comments about my work. I'm so glad that you like the Haunted Mansion Shadowbox.

I wanted to clarify my comment about the 300 pieces. These are NOT a limited edition but the initial order is for only 300. There is a good chance that more will be ordered after these ones sell out but there are no guarantees. If they are ordered it will be some months before they are back in stock. That's why I recommend that you pick one up soon.

Thanks again.
                    Sincerely,
                    Dave Avanzino
                    Last edited by davanzino; 01-07-2008, 08:08 AM. Reason: Incorrect name

Comment

Got mine today !

Comment

I picked one up today as well. As a word of warning, availability on these is really spotty. They seem to only get a couple in at a time, and they go quickly. The "initial order" of 300 that Dave Avanzino refers to does not mean they have all of them in stock at once.

If you're traveling a long distance I would call first to confirm availability. The DLR switchboard can be reached @ 714.781.4000, just ask for Disneyana and they will connect you. I was told the only other place they were being sold is Off the Page in DCA so you might try there as well.

Also, check them before purchasing. They only had two when I was there today and the first one was defective; one of the "letters" had broken loose.

Just a note to Dave: These pieces are gorgeous! The pictures do not do them justice, they are quite stunning in person. The choice of "props" for each letter is perfect... but I especially like the frame. Just fantastic. A real "must have" for any HM collector!!
                        --Jonathan

Comment

I ordered mine from DelivEARS. I sure hope they check it prior to shipping. I did end up with a broken POTC one a couple of months back. If they shipped me a broken one, and didn't have one when I returned it in the mail....I'd be steaming mad!!!

Comment

Oh - my - goodness - I just died and went to heaven. That's for the heads up, I need one of these for my shadow box collection.

LOVE your work Dave. Brilliant as usual.

-Dusty
                            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                              Oh - my - goodness - I just died and went to heaven. That's for the heads up, I need one of these for my shadow box collection.

LOVE your work Dave. Brilliant as usual.

-Dusty
                              Don't you have ALL of them, Dusty??? Lucky dog!!!!! I am so green with envy! I wish I'd known these existed before they were sold out at the parks and I found some at the outlets!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X