Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattel's Cars & Cars 2 - discussion

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mattel's Cars & Cars 2 - discussion

    I just picked up my first Cars by Mattel, on the Supercharged card back. I got:
    • Lightning McQueen Flash (x2 one in packaging, one to play with )
    • Mater
    • Brand New Mater
    • Sheriff
    Are there any websites that has a complete list of the Cars that are available and how many of each they produced? For example the Mater and Sheriff I got were the only ones I found on the shelf at the local Toys R Us. There were a few Brand New Maters, but only the one Mater (in rust colour).

    Another one I want to get is Lizzie but so far I haven't found her yet in any stores.

    I also noticed on one of the Lightning McQueens, the Dirt Track McQueen if I recall, Mattel forgot to paint his teeth white.

    And another question, was Sarge the only one that got recalled?

  • #2
    Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

    As far as I know Sarge was the only one recalled, though some stores sent others back as well. I've seen Lizzie around quite a it. Thery have done a ton of characters. I've been buying them for a friend. So while I do not collect them, I've had fun seeing all the different ones.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

      My sister in law works at Mattel Corp in El Segundo, CA and she said only one of the cars was recalled. It was bad due to the lead in the "Dirt" paint on the vehicle. I am not really sure which one it was, I will ask her.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

        Originally posted by dcs287@yahoo.com View Post
        My sister in law works at Mattel Corp in El Segundo, CA and she said only one of the cars was recalled. It was bad due to the lead in the "Dirt" paint on the vehicle. I am not really sure which one it was, I will ask her.


        I have a few friends there as well. But the car that was recalled is SARGE. If you go to mattel's website, it tells you how you can determine if yours was recalled or not. Just because it says "made in china" doesn't mean it was recalled. Only some of those from China are.



        And if any of you are new to the habit, I recommend going to my friend Bryan's collection reference page. I took a few of the photos on there. It shows what's out and what's coming. We're trying to build a better page but haven't had the time.

        http://p067.ezboard.com/The-Drive-In...cID=1239.topic


        Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

        Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

          Originally posted by Barbossa View Post

          Another one I want to get is Lizzie but so far I haven't found her yet in any stores.

          I also noticed on one of the Lightning McQueens, the Dirt Track McQueen if I recall, Mattel forgot to paint his teeth white.

          And another question, was Sarge the only one that got recalled?


          Lizzie is quite plentiful in Southern California... including Disneyland Resort (but for double the retail price). Best places to get these are Target and Wal-Mart which sell them for $3 each. Toys'R'Us is close to that price but don't get new shipments as often.

          Dirt Track McQueen, they didn't not forget to paint the teeth. It was done purposely... because it all comes down to production costs. That Lightning gained dirt paint but had to lose something else somewhere.... they went with his teeth. Stupid, I know. It's a give and take unfortunately.


          Visit my mice chat toy shop!
          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

          Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

            Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
            And if any of you are new to the habit, I recommend going to my friend Bryan's collection reference page. I took a few of the photos on there. It shows what's out and what's coming. We're trying to build a better page but haven't had the time.

            http://p067.ezboard.com/The-Drive-In...cID=1239.topic
            Thanks for the link Coheteboy.

            I pulled one of my McQueens out of the packaging and I felt like a little kid again with my bucket full of Hot Wheels.:thumbup:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

              The only ones I really have are the Pixar movie ones: Buzz and Woody, Sully and Mike, Hamm, Yeti, and then I also have Cruisin' McQueen and Luigi, Guido, and the Tractor. Next one I'm looking forward to? Flik and P.T. Flea.
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                I managed to find one Lizzie today. I went to Walmart and for some reason they didn't have any on the shelf. I guess they didn't restock yet after Christmas. That goes for POTC toys as well as I was thinking of picking up a Jack Sparrow action figure.

                I went to another store and got Sally, Doc, and Fillmore. There is one store in town that has one Yeti so if they still got him, I'm going to pick him up tomorrow since he is rare.

                The real question is, Who leaves them in the packaging and who takes them out of the packaging to play with?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                  Yeah, my WalMart has not been restocking much either. No new Cars and no new Star Wars.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                    Originally posted by Barbossa View Post

                    The real question is, Who leaves them in the packaging and who takes them out of the packaging to play with?
                    Mine are in the package for now. Only problem is my Yeti is in a dented bubble, so it looks weird. I'm sure it's the reason it still was in the store (World of Disney New York City). But, I don't know how long I will leave them in the package.
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                      Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                      Mine are in the package for now. Only problem is my Yeti is in a dented bubble, so it looks weird. I'm sure it's the reason it still was in the store (World of Disney New York City). But, I don't know how long I will leave them in the package.
                      I keep looking for you. :love:
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                        Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                        The only ones I really have are the Pixar movie ones: Buzz and Woody, Sully and Mike, Hamm, Yeti, and then I also have Cruisin' McQueen and Luigi, Guido, and the Tractor. Next one I'm looking forward to? Flik and P.T. Flea.
                        For the Pixar movie crossover ones, I'd like to see a future release of a dump-truck done-up as WALL-E.

                        It would be kind of interesting to see Remy and Emile Cars.

                        Three Cars I definitely want to see released in the future are Jay Limo, Sven, and Elvis.
                        Last edited by Barbossa; 01-10-2008, 08:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                          Originally posted by Barbossa View Post
                          The real question is, Who leaves them in the packaging and who takes them out of the packaging to play with?

                          Hehe.. I buy two of each.


                          Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                          Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                            Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                            Hehe.. I buy two of each.
                            Yes he does. I can vouch for that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Mattel's Cars - discussion

                              I picked up some more today:
                              • Yeti - the only one at the local Toys R Us! :yea:
                              • Hamm
                              • Dinoco Helicopter
                              • Sheriff - another one so I can take one out of the package.
                              It's interesting to see the distributions between the stores like Wal-Mart and Toys R Us. We don't have Target but we do have Zellers which is part of the Hudson's Bay Company. Zellers is the only one that has the Buzz and Woody 2-pack and the Ferrari Fans 2-pack. I looked around for another Lizzie but so far I haven't seen anymore, lots of Ramones on the shelf though. I have seen Lizzie in the 4-pack. I wonder what Wal-Mart will have when they restock their shelf.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X