Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

    http://www.colddeadfish.net/olszewski.html - I've updated the site to include the most current release information as well as a mini-report on last Sunday's NFFC show and sale.

    Click on the "latest update" link, and then click on the link for the January 20, 2008 update, which includes details about and pictures of three new Gallery of Light pieces, pictures of new Disney-themed pokitpals, collectors who were much too presumptuous, and information about a great new interview with Bob Olszewski.

    Thanks!



    /cs

  • #2
    Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

    Thanks for the update. I can't believe that someone at the NFCC show asked Bob to sign each band member of the Disneyland Marching Band, just goes to show you how how nice a guy Bob is...
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

      Thanks ffor sharing!!! I like your websie and know more about main street collection histroy. I hope I can collect he whole set oneday but most the pieces were sold out already long time ago. I still keep searching my train station, Emporium, Opera House... And I found that the main street pieces are easier broken, my cinema piece's flag area has little bit broken when I put the flag into the hole. What's the matterial use for making the main street piece? Steel? Mud?....
      Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

        Thanks for the update! Your site has been very helpful the past month in learning more about this amazing collection!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

          I was behind the person with the band and it was a lot more than just EVERY member of the band. They also had all the Main Street vechicles, the hand cart from Main St Station, the little Fire Engine in front of City Hall, fruit cart, pin cart, DVC cart from Plaza Inn......

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

            Thanks Cindy. Aside from all the wonderful information here on MiceChat and on Robert Olszewski's own site, I also like to visit www.mainstreetminiatures.com as well. They work very closely with Olszewski Studios and always seem to have the scoop on this collection. You might want to check them out Cindy since you seem to really like this collection too.

            Here's the link that includes the Electrical Parade:
            http://www.mainstreetminiatures.com/...ndUpdates.html

            -Dusty
            MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

            Find us on Facebook:

            .

            How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GhostHost View Post
              I was behind the person with the band and it was a lot more than just EVERY member of the band. They also had all the Main Street vechicles, the hand cart from Main St Station, the little Fire Engine in front of City Hall, fruit cart, pin cart, DVC cart from Plaza Inn......
              Thanks for the info. I didn't see everything they had, and the husband only saw some of it. I thought I remembered seeing more, but since I wasn't positive, I didn't want to write that.

              Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
              You might want to check them out Cindy since you seem to really like this collection too.
              There's a link to them on my site, and I "know" one of the people who runs that site, so yeah, I'm well aware of them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                Thanks for the link and information.

                I plan on being there for the Main Street Electrical Parade release! I only saw the parade for the first time in January at California Adventure, but I loved it.


                Do they ever announce actual days for re-releases? I live in Northern California, but would happily come down for a particular weekend if I knew the Haunted Mansion would be released that day.

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                  Argh! I just checked and realized that March 29 is a blockout date. Since I live out of the area, it just doesn't make sense for me to have a Premier pass. I'm definitely saddened



                  Originally posted by BrerDan View Post
                  Thanks for the link and information.

                  I plan on being there for the Main Street Electrical Parade release! I only saw the parade for the first time in January at California Adventure, but I loved it.


                  Do they ever announce actual days for re-releases? I live in Northern California, but would happily come down for a particular weekend if I knew the Haunted Mansion would be released that day.

                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                    BrerDan, for $30 (or so) you can buy a blockout pass which will get you in the park on the day you're blocked out. Just an FYI
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                      Thanks for the tip

                      I looked it up and it's actually some $40 now. While I would love to be there, I think I might have to pass. It's hard enough justifying the bucks for the piece to my other half LOL

                      Anybody with experience know if they usually sell out that day? Would I be able to find the piece if I went the following day (which is not a blockout date)??

                      Thanks all!

                      Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                      BrerDan, for $30 (or so) you can buy a blockout pass which will get you in the park on the day you're blocked out. Just an FYI

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                        If Vegas was paying numbers game on this one my money would be on the ONE day sellout. The $30 doesn't seem so steep a premium once you consider the alternatives being Ebay or waiting for its open edition release.
                        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                          Do you guys think there will be a lot of people wanting the new Electric Parade piece???

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                            Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                            Do you guys think there will be a lot of people wanting the new Electric Parade piece???

                            Oh yeah!



                            Walt's love of Trains!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: January 20, 2008 Olszewski update

                              Thanks for the tip...that's what I was wondering about.

                              I don't mind waiting, actually--after all I only have a couple pieces since I came into the game late. The problem seems to be that one never knows when a piece arrives and I'm not within driving distance (which is why I don't have a Premier pass to begin with). Hmmmm

                              Thanks for the suggestion


                              Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
                              If Vegas was paying numbers game on this one my money would be on the ONE day sellout. The $30 doesn't seem so steep a premium once you consider the alternatives being Ebay or waiting for its open edition release.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X