X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HM Costume on Ebay

Hey y'all,

I found this woman's HM costume on Ebay tonight. Bids start at $9.99 and it looks like there's no reserve. NICE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Haunte...ayphotohosting

Re: HM Costume on Ebay

Same person has a men's costume overcoat from HM too. That one has bids, but, not the women's one. I have no use for such a thing, but, interesting to watch it!

Comment

Isn't it against Disney's policies to sell these costumes? I could have sworn that it was. Even though they were allegedly purchased at a garage sale, doesn't Disney still have the power to stop the auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
        Isn't it against Disney's policies to sell these costumes? I could have sworn that it was. Even though they were allegedly purchased at a garage sale, doesn't Disney still have the power to stop the auction?
        I don't know about their power to stop the auction, but, it IS my understanding that if they aren't bearing a Disney Certificate of Authenticity, that they have probably been lifted from the park! (Probably a former CM!) Being that they said they got it at a garage sale, releases them from trouble. (At least, that is probably what they think.)

Comment

If they are authentic, then they are stolen property. Anyone who actually tries to wear one of those into park WILL have them confiscated. It's hot property. Buy at your own peril.
          "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

WOW! I know a lot of people who would snatch that up in a second. BTW, Disney knows who has it. If it is real, there is a barcode on it somehere that can't removed without destroying the authenticity of the costume. They are not cheap to make and Disney keeps close tabs on all of them. My guess is a CM did steal it.

Comment

Who knows? My guess though, is that the seller either doesn't know it's something special (why no reserve?) or is a crafty devil and is feigning innocence? (Why am I even analyzing this?!)

Anyway, it would sure make a great Halloween costume...

Comment

Originally posted by Neverlandtink View Post
                Who knows? My guess though, is that the seller either doesn't know it's something special (why no reserve?) or is a crafty devil and is feigning innocence? (Why am I even analyzing this?!)

Anyway, it would sure make a great Halloween costume...
                Absolutely. :yea:

Comment

Right after I left Disney I saw "my" Umbrella Girl costume from the Studios parade on ebay. "Mine" being my favorite dress and the one I wore a lot. I was new to ebay and didn't think much of it. It was beginning of 2001 and the costume went for $50. I honestly wish I had bid on it.

I don't know how you can get a parade costume out but when I left they were just switching over to barcoding everything. I'm sure many errors were made when the new system was put into place and a lot was taken out.

Comment

Wow! That thing sold for $646.00! I wonder what the men's one went for that they were selling. They made a killing. Wish I'd find that at a garage sale! ha!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X