Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does everyone store their Duffy & Shellie May clothes?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does everyone store their Duffy & Shellie May clothes?

I've been thinking about this because it's about to become an issue for me, since I'm running out of space.

Basically, I have a plastic bin with all my costumes in it. Each costume is in a large zipper storage bag so that all the parts are kept together. I used to just have them all loose in the bin, but I hated digging around trying to find all the separate costume pieces. So, now, they're organized, but I'm just about maxed out in the bin. I also don't have that much room to start a second bin...but I may have to.

So, what do you guys do with your clothes? Where, and how do you store them?
    Meow

Re: How does everyone store their Duffy & Shellie May clothes?

I don't actually have enough clothes to worry about storing yet, though, for doll clothes, I'd have a giant bin for them and for my Build a Bear clothes, I got a wardrobe box once (when I went there and only got clothes) and essentially stuffed everything there. However, while browsing around, I found a beautiful set-up by a person in Japan. I'd show it, but their site is down right now.

Comment

I've thought about getting an actual dresser for Duffy's clothes, but then I don't want to spend the money on that, and it would also take up floor space.
      Meow

Comment

Last edited by FI183; 05-25-2011, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I don't have enough for it to really be an issue, but for now, I just have everything folded and in a couple bags from Build a Bear.

Comment

His clothes hang on the Duffy hangers in my walk in closet near my clothes.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
            We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
            Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Since it's back up now...

A close-up from one of their other entries:

I don't think I'll ever have enough of anything for a display like that, but it's still kind of amazing.

And since they do come with hangers, a make-shift closet is always a plausible idea if you have room.

Comment

Holy crap! Wow that's.... wow.

I thought my couch was looking a little crazy with all my Duffys (I now have 2 17" bears and one each of all the 12" holiday ones so far... was going to get a 12" WDW 40th bear yesterday, but I had already racked up like $120 in Duffy stuff, so I'll just get one later this summer (I'll probably be back in Orlando in July or August sometime for a day or 2).

And I just ordered the boy's kimono and a soccer uniform from BAB (had a $10 gift card to use). This bear is going to have more clothes than me at some point! :lol:

Comment

I kind of feel like I have more than enough with just my Duffy and a Disney Bear (and I technically have a smaller Disney Bear too, but I don't count it much), so it's really just my clothing collection that will expand I think. I think if I ever got another bear, it'd be a Shellie May, but I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
                    His clothes hang on the Duffy hangers in my walk in closet near my clothes.
                    Oh i like that. I wish I had room in my closet for his clothes. I have to many of my own clothes to share. lol

I just have a rubber made container right now. I hate to admit it but its getting full. lol
                    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                    :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Wondering View Post
                      Since it's back up now...

A close-up from one of their other entries:

I don't think I'll ever have enough of anything for a display like that, but it's still kind of amazing.

And since they do come with hangers, a make-shift closet is always a plausible idea if you have room.
                      Uh...wow! So organized! An entire Duffy room...man, that's dedication.
                      Meow

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                        And I just ordered the boy's kimono and a soccer uniform from BAB (had a $10 gift card to use). This bear is going to have more clothes than me at some point! :lol:
                        I am curious to see how you like the boy kimono outfit! I have been itchign to buy it, but I already have the highlander outfit from BaB and am trying to jsutify buying another "costume". Though I am planning on buying my own Duffy in November when I return, and my daughter has her own....

I use a mini suitcase that fits under the bed. It was from Home Goods and is for decorative purposes, but it works!

Comment

^I'll let you know how I like the boy's kimono. My order was shipped today so hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. If I like it, I'll most likely order the girl's one for Shellie May when I get her later this summer.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3495.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	7335082

I made the bottom shelf of My disney cabinets Duffy/Shellie's wardrob home. The shelfs are 5 shelf cabinets from Ikea the second to the bottom holds their hats,shoes and other accessories and the bottom i rigged a poll to hang the clothes. It is actually much nicer than the picture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X