This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy bedtime story at WDW Resort tv!

They finally did what they promised, and it is decent I must say!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Re: Duffy bedtime story at WDW Resort tv!

My only real complaint is I HATE HATE HATE how they are marketing Duffy towards little kids. Duffy is ageless and timeless and it irritates me how Disney management in the States refuses to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
      My only real complaint is I HATE HATE HATE how they are marketing Duffy towards little kids. Duffy is ageless and timeless and it irritates me how Disney management in the States refuses to see this.
      Sigh, I agree. It looks like they don't have any intention of marketing Duffy to anyone but small children, and probably never will. I suppose they feel that it's easier to keep feeding into the cultural stereotype that teddy bears are for little kids, rather than trying to break that barrier and give Duffy more universal appeal. :sleep:

Comment

I don't love the story, but they should definitely run it until at least 2 or 3 AM. Some of us adults might need a bedtime story too.

I know at DL, at least, they have princess bedtime stories too...yet Disney has finally started marketing some princess items to and for adults (designer dolls/etc.). So IF Duffy became popular with enough adults, Disney might also aim Duffy items toward them. (I'm not holding my breath.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
          So IF Duffy became popular with enough adults, Disney might also aim Duffy items toward them.
          From your mouth to God's ears

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

We just traveled to Walt Disney World and watched the new bedtime story. I must say, our keychain Duffy and Shellie May loved it! What a fun little story, especially the parts about traveling around the world and creating bears with such meaning.
            Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X