• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO: Duffy at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at WDW

Saw these videos posted on the Weekend Update here on MiceAge/MiceChat:

Duffy meet & greet at the party:

And Duffy is in the Christmas parade!

Re: VIDEO: Duffy at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at WDW

Thats cool! My CM friend at DL also says that Duffy will be in DLs A Christmas Fantasy Parade in the opening float!

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

He was on the opening flat for A Christmas Fantasy last year too, but only for the taping of the parade for TV. The regular teddy bear was on the float the rest of the time.

Comment

I can't remember if last year, if Duffy was just in the parade for the taping or if he was in it every day?
        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Janell, it was just for the taping.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
            Janell, it was just for the taping.
            Yeah, last year was for taping as a way to get people aware of Duffy on TV. Based on what my friend said, it looks like they are now going to put Duffy in A Christmas Fantasy just like they have done with WDWs holiday parade.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

I can't say that I'm too pleased with Duffy replacing the teddy bear in the opening float of the Christmas Fantasy Parade. I've always loved that bear.

Comment

Wait your too pleased and your sad? What

Comment

She said she can't say she's too pleased, meaning she's not pleased at all.

And I have to agree with you, Diznygrl. That teddy bear on the leadoff float in A Christmas Fantasy is so freaking CUTE! I hope they maybe found another float for him in the parade. He was always my favorite thing about that particular parade and always looked forward to seeing him on the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    She said she can't say she's too pleased, meaning she's not pleased at all.
                    OHHHHHH!!!! That makes more sense I misread.

Comment

First A Christmas Fantasy Parade at Disneyland for 2011 Holiday Season - YouTube

Heres the vid of this years ACF featuring Duffy on the lead float.

Comment

Thank you, for the link, Forbidden Eye!

I'm sorry to those who miss the old teddy bear. I'm not sure I ever saw the entire parade through in person (I think I saw starting partway through in 2005 or so, so I would've missed the lead float). But I Googled and that WAS a cute bear!

But I just love Duffy so it warmed my heart to see him in the parade. Will definitely make a point of seeing it this year!

(At any rate, it's quite a bit better than when they added him in 2010 for the TV taping, IMO.... The sailor outfit just doesn't match the Christmas theme.

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-2010-a-2.html )

Comment

Meh. I like Duffy, but I'm still miffed that they got rid of the other bear. He was a highlight of the Christmas Fantasy Parade for me. I love that teddy.

I can't really tell in the video, but is that a special Duffy costume that actually has the Mickeys on his feet? If not, it should be. Since the soles of his feet are more visible due to his seated position, it would kind of seem weird to not have the Mickey shapes on there.

Comment

Yes, he has the Mickey prints, it's just hard to tell because they're about the same color as his fur so it blends in, but it's there.

I also liked the original bear also, it was classier looking.
                            Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X