This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

Finally!:clap: These release on 6/1! Oh, oh - somebody's birthday! - actually TWO! These are a great birthday present, huh?^^

Not only is ShellieMay finally getting an over-the-ears parka, but Duffy gets one in blue, too! Again, Team Duffy busts out with something I would have actually designed myself, I love these so much! I have wanted a blue hoodie with ears for Duffy, ever since the old yellow raincoat. And since it's part of the Cape Cod Cannery Clothing Co. line, it's bound to be exceptionally well-made.

More good news that bears mentioning is the lower ¥7600 price point, which I hope is a sign of things to come. The shoes, parkas and headwear all seem to require just as much attention to detail and craftsmanship as the original 2011 Spring/Summer CCCC CCC release (why was I only typing 3 C's before???), so it doesn't seem as if the shorter outfit length alone accounts for the +10~20% price drop. I could immediately see why the 2011 Autumn/Winter outfit was a little more expensive, but I can't understand why these are cheaper unless it's a strategy change. And I am definitely not complaining!^^

The shorts with the Hurricane Point Lighthouse detail are cute, and more contemporary than Duffy's previous swimwear one-piece, but I think the design of ShellieMay's would match the old one nicely, too. I :love: that the CCC outfits make the characters unmistakably not babies or toddlers (...More on that after some translation catch-up!). I also think Shellie's, with the stripes will look really nice - and more dressed up - mixed with last year's Summer CCC jacket. These sets are really swappable, and I think this is finally the right price point at which I don't hesitate or debate at all about CCC quality. I really, REALLY hope prices stay here.

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 05-17-2012, 11:15 PM. Reason: Idiotic moment of stupid moronity now corrected!^^

Re: New TOKYO Duffy Merchandise

These are SO cute! Could Shellie May's suit and bathing cap be any more adorable???

Comment

Adorable on all levels! There is no way to describe it!^^

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

*passes out*

Does anyone know if the old CCCC outfits are still available?

---------- Post added 05-17-2012 at 11:36 PM ----------

Oh and we are probably going to do another Disney Cruise this summer, and this will be perfect for their pool days lol!

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

Originally posted by TravisMT81 View Post
          *passes out*

Does anyone know if the old CCCC outfits are still available?
          The Series one CCC outfits are still avalable.

Comment

Love them! That life vest makes me laugh (in a good way). Shellie May's is VERY pretty and the suit looks so classic. Smiling Shellie May and/or Tiny Shellie May definitely need a suit like that.

Sue, do you have enough flowers to replicate the bathing cap? :lol:
            Daily Duffy blog! A new picture of Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni every day! (Now at Tokyo DisneySea!)

Also on Facebook!

Comment

Hi all! I'm new and I also love Duffy! Anyways, I have one of the CCC outfits(I thought it was Cannery Clothing Company?) and I like this one! It's really cute but not really a must have for me. Not really a summer person, LOL. But if money were no object I'd get these in a heartbeat!

Comment

Originally posted by NRubus View Post
                Hi all! I'm new and I also love Duffy!...I thought it was Cannery Clothing Company?
                First of all, greetings and salutations! Second of all - THANK YOU! I was doing 800,000 million things this morning and that explains why I always used 3 C's in the past; I was really confused!

I'll correct the original now!^^

Comment

Wow! I mean after all the massive Spring Voyage stuff, this snuck in under the radar. SO cute too! And a nice birthday present! I have to have these. I love all of the separates, so versatile. The hoodies are perfect, especially with the ears. Really, really cute, and I'm glad it's part of the CCC line. I guess this really has replaced all of the other separate lines they used to do.
                  Meow

Comment

I have series one Duffy outfit, but since I have Shellie May now, I need to get her series one outfit as well.. In addition to the series three for both Duffy and Shellie.
                    Last edited by TravisMT81; 05-18-2012, 04:38 PM.

We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

OMG these are so cute. I love love love Duffy hoodie ( I love the one from 2009 swim suite too, he wares it all the time) I love Shellies hoodie too. So cute, her swimming hat. I love it.

Wow, I wasnt expecting anything till July. They sure did sneak this in on us. But Im glad they did.

Comment

I just LOVE Shellie May's swimsuit! It's so retro 40s! So cute! I wish they coulda done the same with Duffy's, his looks a little too modern, but I still love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Eeee-va View Post
                          Love them! That life vest makes me laugh (in a good way). Shellie May's is VERY pretty and the suit looks so classic. Smiling Shellie May and/or Tiny Shellie May definitely need a suit like that.

Sue, do you have enough flowers to replicate the bathing cap? :lol:
                          That is the first thing I thought of when I saw the pictures - right after, "Good lord kill me now, these bears are like a drug to me & they're going to bankrupt me with all their cute stuff that I just have to have!" But to answer the question, yes I do. I went flower mad, couldn't stop making them and have a box full of flowers, something like 50. Now I know what I'm going to do with them. Anyone needing a few flowers - let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by NRubus View Post
                            I just LOVE Shellie May's swimsuit! It's so retro 40s! So cute! I wish they coulda done the same with Duffy's, his looks a little too modern, but I still love it!
                            I agree, honestly. My first thought was that a navy-and-white striped one-piece with white or navy border would have been perfect. I just really loved the hoodies so much that by the time I was finished posting, I forgot! Plus, that design would be virtually identical to Duffy's first swimsuit, except the color, which would basically be the same as last year's CCC Spring/Summer set. Maybe they just didn't wanna do something so similar? I may even actually try to make one myself, using the original one-piece suit to make a pattern. It's worth trying, I guess. I think Duffy's would at least be a LOT easier to make than Shellie's!^^

Comment

Shellie May's swimsuit is perfection. I haven't purchased anything Duffy in quite awhile and these outfits just might be the thing to sway me back.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X