• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aimster
    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Duffy at UK Disney Stores

We briefly talked about this in another thread that it was coming. Well... he's there!

A friend of mine is currently in London and he told me he popped in a Disney Store there today and saw a lot of Duffy stuff. I just went on the UK Disney Store site and it's gone live. Right now they're only offering the 17" bears and a few costumes that you can get at the US parks.

BUT...

There is one BRAND NEW item I'd never seen before they have available:

Mickey Mouse With Duffy 44cm Soft Toy | Duffy | Disney Store

This is actually quite cute! I'm going to try to talk/beg my friend into picking one up for me.
  • Eeee-va
    I love that tiny bear!
    • Oct 2005

Re: Duffy at UK Disney Stores

I love smallish sailor Duffy! Too bad the trim and even the scarf on the clothes appear to just be printed.

Does it say that's a UK exclusive? I wouldn't be at all surprised if that comes to the US at some point as well. They already had Santa Mickey holding a Duffy.
    Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• aimster
      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

That Santa Mickey holding Duffy has been IMPOSSIBLE for me to find! I've been to WDW twice since the Christmas stuff was put out and I can't find him anywhere. I looked all over MK, Epcot, DHS and DTD. None of the shops had him. Well, World of Disney had one in one of the display windows but none in stock on the shelves. Even the Christmas store didn't have it!

Comment

• Eeee-va
        I love that tiny bear!
        • Oct 2005

Oh no! There were plenty of them in Downtown Disney and Disney California Adventure....around Halloween.
        Daily Duffy Archive! Adventures with Duffy, ShellieMay, or Gelatoni, updated regularly!

Daily updates on Facebook!

Comment

• MikkiMausu99
          North American Duffy fan
          • Sep 2009

To those that are curious what the 18 inch (44 centemeters) Sailor Mickey & Duffy plush looks like, here it is.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• DuffyDaisuki
            …

• Feb 2009

Mickey product than a Duffy product, its existence makes sense and it doesn't look heartless.:love:
            Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-16-2012, 01:04 AM.
            …

Comment

• gurgi
              Munchings & Crunchings
              • Jan 2005

LOL, DuffyD, I had the same thoughts on Mickey. His ears are also larger than they should be. I think the combination of oversized ears and hands, and tiny feet, he looks a little "top heavy". But, he's cute, and at least it's something that is consistent with the Duffy theme they're going for. I'm sure it's soft and huggable too.
              Meow

Comment

• Sandrita
                MiceChatter
                • Mar 2011

I got my Santa Mickey holding Duffy in October. We were in Epcot and heard that they had some over in Hollywood Studios. We ran over there and I bought one.

It's so crazy! The Halloween Duffy's were gone way before Halloween and the 9" Santa Duffy's were gone super early too.

Even the new Valentine's Duffy's flew off the shelves! I hope that they at least bring in more stock on the Valentine's Duffy's. I saw some on ebay - one lot of 20 and another of 10!

Disney is changing the Premium pass holder discount from 20% to 10% in January. I hope that slows down some of this Ebay hoarding! It's fine to get a few to sell on Ebay, but to buy out all the stock! This is bear frustrating!
                www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

• aimster
                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by Sandrita View Post
                  Disney is changing the Premium pass holder discount from 20% to 10% in January. I hope that slows down some of this Ebay hoarding! It's fine to get a few to sell on Ebay, but to buy out all the stock! This is bear frustrating!
                  Interesting they're changing the premium passholder discount to the same as a regular AP. I wonder why? Another decline by degrees I guess. As long as they don't change my regular AP discounts, whatever.

And didn't they place a limit on how many Duffy items you can buy at once? Wasn't it changed/capped at 5 each? I believe that's how it is on disneystore.com. Besides, who would buy a lot of 10 or 20 bears at once... unless it's another reseller? *shrug*

Comment

• Sandrita
                    MiceChatter
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                    And didn't they place a limit on how many Duffy items you can buy at once? Wasn't it changed/capped at 5 each? I believe that's how it is on disneystore.com. Besides, who would buy a lot of 10 or 20 bears at once... unless it's another reseller? *shrug*
                    Yes, the cap for Duffy items is still 5 each. People will go into the stores with friends to purchase the larger quantities or they will go to 2 different registers.

These items must be going to resellers or to Japan or something. Hopefully, if these people can't get 20% off anymore, selling the Duffy items won't be as enticing to them!
                    www.MyDuffyBear.com

Traveling to Disney and Beyond!!!

Comment

• MikkiMausu99
                      North American Duffy fan
                      • Sep 2009

I can now confirm that Duffy is now at the French Disney Store.

Here is the link:
                      Peluche Duffy et costumes Duffy chez Disney Store | Disney Store

Like the UK Disney Store, they have the same selection.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
                      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
                      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• DuffyUK
                        New MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2013

Hello, i am new to this forum and joined mainly for the duffy part. I am actually a big fan from the UK. I recently ordered my duffy online on Saturday and it should be coming today, the only reason I ordered it is because I saw it in the Disney store while I was Christmas shopping and decided I would save my money to buy for others rather than myself.

Random question though, is the UK duffy any different to the US duffy or Japanese duffy?

Comment

• aimster
                          Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by DuffyUK View Post
                          Random question though, is the UK duffy any different to the US duffy or Japanese duffy?
                          From the photos I've seen, he's the exact same bear you can get in the US parks.

Comment

• Becx
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by DuffyUK View Post
                            Hello, i am new to this forum and joined mainly for the duffy part. I am actually a big fan from the UK. I recently ordered my duffy online on Saturday and it should be coming today, the only reason I ordered it is because I saw it in the Disney store while I was Christmas shopping and decided I would save my money to buy for others rather than myself.

Photos from Flickr

Comment

• aimster
                              Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by Becx View Post
                              I saw the UK Duffys and they don't seem the same as the Duffy I got in 2010 from Disney World. The fur is different and he doesn't seem as 'stuffed' if you know I mean! I am not sure if all the Duffy's are now like this (Disneyland Paris, Disney World and Disney Store).
                              That's how the bears in the US parks are now. The faces about 6 months or so ago were really bad, but they've gotten cuter and more Duffy-like again in recent months. Plus before the bears were overstuffed, now they're understuffed and too floppy. Disney can't seem to get it right one way or the other with these bears. The ones that came out in 2010 and the first half of 2011 were EXACTLY like what you could get in Tokyo. Then Disney switched the fur and changed the face and ears a bit on the US bears and it went downhill from there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X