This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duffy or Shellie May favorite?

I am very curious if any of you have a stronger like to one of your bears.

I have noticed that I prefer my Duffy more. I think it has to do with he was the first I ended up getting and he was the one to introduce me to his world. Though I do like my Shellie May it just seems like my Duffy goes on more adventures with me then she does.

Re: Duffy or Shellie May favorite?

I guess I would have to say Shellie May. Only because, as you said about Duffy, she goes out with me more. But Duffy is my little love bug. And for the same reason you said! Duffy is the one who first came into my life and if it weren't for him, there would be no Shellie May! And I have lots more Duffy bears than Shellie May bears! So really, I guess they are both equal. Wow! Was that even a real answer?! :lol:
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May
    sigpic

Comment

Haha it's fine. I just wanted to know if I was the only one who preferred one over the other. My Duffy is my snuggle buddy and my take everywhere buddy. He goes with me anytime I leave the house and when I go to work. I absolutely love my Duffy. :]

Comment

It's so hard to choose for me. Each of my bears is special, especially because each one is different and came from a different time and purpose. I've really grown to love ShellieMay though, and she's just as special as Duffy to me. Sometimes it depends on my mood too, maybe I want to cuddle with ShellieMay and watch TV, or maybe it's Duffy, or both.

Comment

For me it's Duffy. I feel in love with him in TDS. Maybe if I had seen Shellie May in person at the park I have a better connection with her. I don't carry them both out because that's to much to carry. And I just can't leave my Duffy at home. So he always goes with me. I'm glad Shellie May is here as I think she adds to the story nicely.
          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Shellie is very special to me because she inspired my first original Duffy short story. The execution of her design turned out to be much more subtle and sophisticated than I initially imagined. And the incredibly well planned and orchestrated park integration has been beautiful to behold. The exclusive ShellieMay duffel bag at MiraCosta last year really highlighted her value to the whole Duffy experience.

But Duffy is the star, the center. Shellie is sweet and wonderful and has come into her own as a character and developed a depth in my heart that I didn't think possible pre-release. I was very wary of her, expected to hate her, and saw her as a potential cash-grab. ShellieMay has proven to be a bonafide character in her own right and not just "Pink Duffy." She's every bit as loving and lovable and I do love her, for sure. But Duffy is the star.:love:

Comment

I love them both, but I take Duffy on more adventures. Mainly because it's a pain in the butt to carry around 2 bears... even if they both fit in my tote bag/backpack. Since I was a kid, the majority of my stuffed animals have been "boys". I even have a stuffed pig now that apparently is supposed to be a girl, but nope, not mine. Mine is a boy. I'm just weird like that, so it's just natural for me to go for the one that's a boy. Also, I'm scared of something happening to Shellie May. If something happens to Duffy, I got a backup. With Shellie May, I don't and she's a little more "precious" to me because she came from Japan and not easily replaceable here in the States (unless you pay a ton of money).

Comment

I love Tiny Duffy (my first; a magnet bear) more than Tiny Shellie May. I'm not certain why, but Tiny Duffy seems more adventuresome, never pesters me to make him clothes, and has just spent more time with me.

But I love Smiling Shellie May more than 12" Duffy. Both are fun to carry around but every time I see Smiling Shellie May I just want to hug her. (Of course, Smiling Shellie May was lovingly selected from TDS and is absolutely perfect, while 12" Duffy was selected by some warehouse worker in Tennessee, I assume, and has a very crooked nose).

Anyway, I can't say that I like Duffy or Shellie May more. When it comes to merchandise itself, I actually overall prefer Duffy (I don't mind pink, but Shellie May's shade isn't my favorite, and Duffy usually has a bigger smile). But the bears themselves...Smiling Shellie May has stolen my heart! If there were a fire (God forbid) and I could only grab one bear, at the moment it would be Smiling Shellie May. But in fairness, she is my most childish bear, so I perceive her as helpless and needing me. (alsoshe'dbethemostexpensivetoreplace)

I mean, er, I love all my bears the same. :shy:

Comment

Definitely Shellie May, because I can't get her in the US. To me, that makes her a little extra special. Plus, she's pink.
                  "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Comment

The Pirates of the CaribbeanOh my goodness! DuffyDaisuki brought me the most beautiful Shellie May ever! and

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X