• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Duffy Marketing in the USA

The Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Re: Thoughts on Duffy Marketing in the USA

I agree, of course, with both of these well-written arguments. Can I just geek out for a minute about how happy I am to see more Duffy fans thinking and writing at length!

The park exclusivity is probably lost, and I think ZT is absolutely right about the reason: knee-jerk response to absolutely valid criticism at the over-saturated BUY THIS EVERYWHERE NOW!! campaign that was unleashed upon the parks at launch.

The thing I can't abide, though, is that Disney is so blatantly pandering to "Duffy haters" while consistently not catering to Duffy's FANS. Inexplicable and inexcusable. We are approaching the "too little, too late" tipping point for my patience with this, not that it matters what I think since I'm not in the US anyway.

Also, while both of the above posters make excellent points about marketing strategy if Duffy were truly a property developed by Disney domestically, I am not interested in anything WDC does now until they acknowledge the Oriental Land Company and the creators behind Duffy by name and everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
        The thing I can't abide, though, is that Disney is so blatantly pandering to "Duffy haters" while consistently not catering to Duffy's FANS.
        ^THIS! I don't understand why they are trying to reach out to these people and get them to love Duffy. Some people will always have strong opinions about certain things. Like how Stitch has people who adore him and people who really HATE him! They will never change those people's minds! So stop trying and start trying to please the FANS!
        Luv Duffy & Shellie May
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Naelyan View Post
          ^THIS! I don't understand why they are trying to reach out to these people and get them to love Duffy. Some people will always have strong opinions about certain things. Like how Stitch has people who adore him and people who really HATE him! They will never change those people's minds! So stop trying and start trying to please the FANS!
          As you said in your post.... THIS! If people have their minds made up about something, it is VERY rare they are going to change. Disney needs to snap out of it and pander to the Duffy FANS. WE are the ones buying the bears and the merchandise. US, not the haters. Why Disney can't understand this.... it really makes my brain hurt trying to figure it out. It's not rocket science!

Comment

I think it's Disney trying to desperately figure out why Duffy isn't flying off the shelves without really trying to truly figure it out. Their response has been to try any number of things that, you know, fans haven't actually asked for. It's more like throwing everything but the kitchen sink in the hopes that something will catch on. If it's not smaller pre-dressed bears, then it's various sized bears, or rolling out to Disney Stores. They keep trying to cast a wider net hoping to catch the odd buyer, rather than focusing on a narrower market (Duffy fans) with higher quality products.

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi View Post
              I think it's Disney trying to desperately figure out why Duffy isn't flying off the shelves without really trying to truly figure it out. Their response has been to try any number of things that, you know, fans haven't actually asked for. It's more like throwing everything but the kitchen sink in the hopes that something will catch on. If it's not smaller pre-dressed bears, then it's various sized bears, or rolling out to Disney Stores. They keep trying to cast a wider net hoping to catch the odd buyer, rather than focusing on a narrower market (Duffy fans) with higher quality products.
              EXACTLY! I wish there was a good way we could get Disney's attention and open their eyes to the problem.
              Luv Duffy & Shellie May
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe you or Aimster should ask Mr Maldovan what the best way is for us to help and then report back? If anyone knows, it should be him, right?

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                  Maybe you or Aimster should ask Mr Maldovan what the best way is for us to help and then report back? If anyone knows, it should be him, right?
                  I would think so, but it seems like he can't even get it through their heads that they need to go about this differently.

I had mentioned something about getting Tshirts, or accessories like bags, keychains, kitchenwares, etc. He said he's been mentioning these things, but Disney doesn't seem to be interested. But, he did say he's been talking to someone in that "department" about taking on some ideas and trying to get them realized to bring forth to the Disney big wigs. The way he talks, it sounds like the artists and imagineers have ideas, but the decision makers are knocking everything down. I think it's their whole screwed up idea that they don't want to put money into Duffy to make these awesome things until he's more "popular". It's stupid.

But I could definitely send him a message and ask him. If he knows the fans are upset, maybe he would know who we could voice our opinions to. I think it's worth a try.
                  Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                  sigpic

Comment

Get an address and let's start a petition!:rules:

Someone should filter the posts in these two threads into bullet points…:whistling …Not it!

…Like how Stitch has people who adore him and people who really HATE him! They will never change those people's minds! So stop trying and start trying to please the FANS!

Waitaminnit…:blink:…there're people who hate Stitch?! But his story is almost PIXAR sweet!:love:
                    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-17-2013, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

There are a LOT of people who don't like Stitch. It's because they feel he's not "Disney" enough due to his destructive behavior. Plus him burping chili dog on you in his attraction at WDW doesn't help matters much either. I personally love Stitch BECAUSE of his destructive behavior. I know it sounds weird, but like me, he loves mayhem and shenanigans. I have a Stitch cell phone charm hanging from the rear view mirror of my car. I even named my car Stitch (even though it's silver).

Comment

I love Stitch, and I just don't understand the whole, "It's not Disney" argument about Stitch. I think sometimes people just have to have something to hate on. I mean, really....
                          Luv Duffy & Shellie May
                          sigpic

Comment

I love Stitch, and I just don't understand the whole, "It's not Disney" argument about Stitch. I think sometimes people just have to have something to hate on. I mean, really....
                            Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

Comment

I guess. But I really don't see how the message and heart of Stitch's stories could be seen as "not Disney,"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X