X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Duffy and ShellieMay (newbie!)

Evenin'!
    I've been a fan of Disney for a long, long time... I even did the DCP back when I was in college. I've been feeling pretty "homesick", I guess, and (thanks to that and a re-kindled love for teddy bears due to working at BABW awhile ago) I've been looking at Duffy and ShellieMay. I love to watch videos of Tokyo DisneySea and someday I'd love to go. In the meantime, I'd love to have a pair of bears from over there.
    I have a very kind friend who... well, she spoils me. A lot. She said that she wanted to get me Duffy and ShellieMay, so we headed over to eBay.
    She hasn't ordered anything yet, I just want to make sure that we don't get the wool pulled over our eyes... I didn't even realize fakes were a thing! It's kind of sad...
    I was wondering, do these two look like legit TDS bears?

Thanks you all so much, and I look forward to celebrating Duffy with you all!
    Last edited by rosymaplemoth; 03-23-2014, 08:09 PM.

Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-23-2014, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Re: Real Duffy and ShellieMay (newbie!)

DCP = Disney College Program (where college students come to work at WDW & Disneyland).

And the bears look real deal to me. The fake Shellie May's usually have too long eyelashes, their noses are darker and their face usually looks smushed and just not right.

But if you used DuffyPost, like DuffyD said, you wouldn't have to worry if they might be fake or not. You'd for sure get the real thing and they'd be hand-picked just for you with a LOT of care.

I got my Shellie May almost 3 years ago from DuffyD and he picked a great one for me. I've gotten compliments on her from my Facebook friends in Japan (they tell me my May is beautiful).

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
        DCP = Disney College Program (where college students come to work at WDW & Disneyland).
        Thanksness. And yes, your Shellie is one of the very beary best. I think so every time I see your photos. Of course, I think that about all the WishListers' ShellieMays, but there is no doubt that you photograph them like the stars they are!

Comment

Thank you very much! I love the service you do and I have been reading over it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to order my bears until sometime in April. Believe me, I'd much rather get Duffy and Shellie May from someone who's had such a great history in the community.
          If you don't mind me asking, when do you think your next trip would be?

Comment

needs

Comment

I don't blame you at all for that feeling! I definitely plan on sticking around. I love teddy bears and I love Disney, so when Duffy came overseas it was like a dream come true.

I hope you enjoy your months off! September is when my birthday is, so I might have to save up to get some Halloween merch... favorite holiday, favorite bear... it works out.

My ultimate "Duffy Dream" (hurr hurr) would be to go to Tokyo DisneySea to get photos of Duffy on-board the Nautilus. I'm a huge Jules Verne fan (as well as a submarine fan) so being able to go through the Nautilus would be like a dream. In fact, have any of you seen photos of Duffy on the Nautilus? Most photos of Duffy I've found have him in the stateside parks.

Comment

Originally posted by rosymaplemoth View Post
                My ultimate "Duffy Dream" (hurr hurr) would be to go to Tokyo DisneySea to get photos of Duffy on-board the Nautilus. I'm a huge Jules Verne fan (as well as a submarine fan) so being able to go through the Nautilus would be like a dream. In fact, have any of you seen photos of Duffy on the Nautilus? Most photos of Duffy I've found have him in the stateside parks.
                The Nautilus docked in Mysterious Island at TDS is just an outside photo op. You can't go inside as it's only a prop. There is a Nautilus walk-thru attraction at Disneyland Paris though (in Discoveryland next to Space Mountain).

Comment

Ooh, thanks! I'm getting my parks mixed up... that's what I get for only visiting WDW (so far!).
                  I just love Mysterious Island. Jules Verne is one of my favorite authors, so that's like a dream.
                  Ahhh, I'm getting all excited now. I think I'm going to make a new thread about favorite Duffys.

Thank you, everyone, for your help!!

Comment

Sorry for bringing back this post, but I am way too excited to not share the news.
                    My friend just ordered me Duffy and Shellie May. I feel almost numb I'm so excited and happy. I'm just ... wow. This is going to be incredible. I'm so glad I'll be able to share this experience with you all!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X