Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANABATA Duffy and ShellieMay Costumes & Badges!!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TANABATA Duffy and ShellieMay Costumes & Badges!!!

Duffy and ShellieMay Tanabata Costumes and Badges have been officially announced!!!:yea:

JAPANESE PRESS RELEASE (No photos of merchandise yet, sadly)

Tanabata is an EXTREMELY limited event from 6/24 to 7/7. Wish Lists AND transfers will be due by 6/10

Re: TANABATA Duffy and ShellieMay Costumes & Badges!!!

Ahhhh!!! That's going to be awesome! I can't wait to see previews of what kind of merchandise they'll have.

Comment

So much for having the summer off! You'll have to bribe someone to go shopping with you or you'll never be able to get everything with the limit. Is it 3 or 5 per item?

Comment

Yay a summer release. Can't wait.
        Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
        Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

How exciting! I can't wait to see what the merchandise looks like!
          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
            So much for having the summer off! You'll have to bribe someone to go shopping with you or you'll never be able to get everything with the limit. Is it 3 or 5 per item?
            It's three. I'm not sure what the plan will be yet. I don't really like sucking friends into the Post; it's not fun for them and puts them off going to the parks with me. Although with a two-week event, I may have no choice.:unsure:

Comment

What a pleasant surprise. I feel like there have been hopes and dreams expressed here for ages regarding Duffy and Shellie May Tanabata costumes. Do you guys think the costumes will be as brightly colored as Mickey's and Minnie's past costumes? Or do you think they'll weave in some Cape Cod and use more muted tones?

I can't wait to see what OLC does.
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by The First Star View Post
                What a pleasant surprise. I feel like there have been hopes and dreams expressed here for ages regarding Duffy and Shellie May Tanabata costumes. Do you guys think the costumes will be as brightly colored as Mickey's and Minnie's past costumes? Or do you think they'll weave in some Cape Cod and use more muted tones?

I can't wait to see what OLC does.
                No kidding! I have wanted this to happen for years! And look at the GORGEOUS and romantic, intimate, BEAUTIFUL TDS atmosphere. Compare that to TDL-style:

And I'm wondering exactly the same thing — will they really be all Japanesey Tanabata, or will they completely reinterpret "Star-wishing Festival" into something with Cape Cod classic Americana flavor? Frankly, I'm pretty sure I'll love either. The fact that Duffy and Shellie are included in Tanabata is a very deep wish that I honestly did not expect to have come true this year. I imagined they'd wanna keep the focus limited to the Mouses for the inaugural year. If they go all the way and give the "Cape Cod Star-wishing Festival" its own key visual and merchandise, I'll be in heaven!:roll:

If there is original art for Cape Cod, I wonder if it'll include the Halloween/Christmas supporting cast? Maybe we'll finally get to see the shy bunny girl's face!:clap: I'd also like matsuri style items. And it would be AMAZING if they actually bothered with a backstory about the proprietors of Restaurant Sakura organizing the event for Japanese immigrants in New York, and it became so popular it spread to Cape Cod! Bonus points for OLC if they really integrate it, something like Disney a la Carte's New York International Food Fair!:love:

Description of Restaurant Sakura from the official site:

This former fish market was converted into a restaurant by the owner, a Japanese immigrant to New York. Seafood signs still hang inside the building for an open air feeling, while the view of New York harbor can be enjoyed from the windows. Enjoy some sake with the fine Japanese dishes served here.
                Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 03-26-2014, 04:12 AM.

Comment

This sounds absolutely amazing! I'm sure I will be blown away by whatever costume and merch choices they make. So much for a lull before Halloween!

Comment

Oooh, Restaurant Sakura looks so nice! Have you ever eaten there?

I'd love it if they put up the trees in TDS with wishes written on by all the characters. What do you think Shellie May and Duffy would wish for?

Now, for the real reason of my post. I've heard people mention Duffy "badges" before... what exactly are these?

Comment

Rosy,
                      there are straps and badges.
                      Badges are standing stuffies that are 6" tall.
                      Straps are stuffies that are in a sitting position that are about 3" tall.
                      They usually come dressed in the same outfits that are being sold for the 17" bears. I have no idea if the costumes can be removed.

Here is the USA, we can buy 8" Duffys. I know it has been asked before if we could get 8" ShellieMays from TDS, but alas, 6" is the best we could do.

Both badges and straps have some type of thing on them to attach them to a key ring, purse, backpack, etc.
                      ILG

p.s. I have seen some straps from TDS and they are small. Fit comfortably in a cupped hand.
                      Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 03-27-2014, 05:32 AM. Reason: reversed straps and badges. oops!

Comment

I have a feeling these costumes are going to be awesome. I lived in Japan for a while when I was younger, so I would love to have culturally inspired costumes, if that makes sense. I'm ready for some photos.

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                          If they do it in the traditional style, these will be Duffy and Shellie's first Asian costumes from TDS! I'm hoping for lots of separate pieces so that the base yukata can just be used as summer fashion — and zori sandals!:thumbup:
                          :yea::yea::yea::yea::yea::yea::yea::yea::yea::yea:
                          That's all I have to say.

Comment

The Tanabata website will be at TW2014.JP, but it's not up yet. The waiting is driving me crazy!!! They've said "end of March" for ages, so it should go live any time now…:unsure:

I'm really hopeful for Japanese designs, as it would be wonderful to see the Duffy designers using native cultural fashion for the very first time. Finally, an official OLC release of Japanese costumes for these characters who, through a fairly complex history, are at least as Japanese at heart as they are steeped in nostalgic Americana fantasy. This is so exciting!:roll:

Comment

Originally posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
                              It's three. I'm not sure what the plan will be yet. I don't really like sucking friends into the Post; it's not fun for them and puts them off going to the parks with me. Although with a two-week event, I may have no choice.:unsure:
                              If I lived there I would totally help you out. Any excuse to visit a Disney park works for me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X