This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '09 Back of Pins Design

For anyone that's purchased or received a pin that was released in 2009, I'm sure you've noticed that the backs now have a textured Mickey head pattern on the back. I gather that its main purpose is to ward off all the fake pin manufacturers that produce seemingly official Disney pins (just as the US Mint did to paper money to combat counterfeiters). I personally, however, prefer the more plain backs of old, just IMO. I know that it's the back of the pin lol, but I'm just saying.

What do you guys think of it?

-Side note: I couldn't find any pics of the backs to show you if you haven't seen it, and I can't take a pic now because I'm at school haha. If anyone happens to have a pic, you can post it if you want :oD

Re: '09 Back of Pins Design

Thanks for pointing that out!! I never realized it and had to find one of my new pins to check it out. I actually like the textured design!
    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

anyone have a picture?
      Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

Comment

loading it right now.

Comment

Comment

Thanks Grumpee! That's the back. It's not that I don't like the new backs, I just prefer to have it solid, rather than textured w/ mickey heads haha.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaWolf38 View Post
              Thanks Grumpee! That's the back. It's not that I don't like the new backs, I just prefer to have it solid, rather than textured w/ mickey heads haha.
              It is kind of funky....but if it keeps from people making fakes I'm all for it!

Comment

I doubt it will keep them from making fakes for long, but I look forward to seeing these in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                  I doubt it will keep them from making fakes for long, but I look forward to seeing these in person.
                  It may, it may not. Only time will tell on that. It will be more difficult for them to produce, at least.

Comment

Blechhhh! can you say overkill?!?!?

So the embossed pin trading logo and the box with the info about edition size etc, isn't enough??????
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I like the back of the new pins ... it reminds me of the pins that I have from Disney Auctions. I hope it does stop scrappers, or at least decrease the amount of pins that are counterfitted (<- is that even a word?? I have no idea ).

Comment

I'm not too fond of the new "mickey texture" backstamp. I like the new logo. But I feel that the new texture makes the pins look and feel kind of cheap, I prefer the sold gold waffle texture they stopped using a few years ago.

On a side note, nothing will help with the reduction of scrappers; there are already pins not yet released on the open market with the correct backstamp and new texture. (and these have been out since at least december, if not longer).

Comment

I just got a pin this week with that back on it. I wondered what was up. I'm with MB....it won't take long for them to fake this one too.

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                            I just got a pin this week with that back on it. I wondered what was up. I'm with MB....it won't take long for them to fake this one too.
                            I'm sure that's probably true. I still like the simpler waffle design.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X