X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Avanzino Fantasyland Shadowbox for Sale on eBay

Hi, all!
    I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that I've listed my Dave Avanzino Fantasyland shadowbox on eBay. I started the auction at what I originally paid for the box, $75, but there's no telling what the closing price might be.
    I bought it back in the summer of 2005 during our first trip to DL during the 50th anniversary celebration. Little did I know that it was part of a 9 piece series! Since there's basically no hope of me trying to get the other 8 pieces, I've decided to let another Disney collector get their hands on this box. So, take a look and see if you might be the lucky one!
    Rose Devine (degrapevine)

Re: Dave Avanzino Fantasyland Shadowbox for Sale on eBay

Darn it. I'm already watching it. I was hoping no one else would see it on EBay so I might actually be able to afford it this time.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

IndianaJenn (and anyone else!),
      Hi! You're not the only one watching it - Already 5 others are, too.
      I had NO idea how popular these shadowboxes were until I started looking into selling the one little one I have. I just bought it on a whim on the first day of our trip, when I was still delirious and overly emotional at being at DL for the first time. A Mickey induced fog, I think? I didn't even ask anything about, just bought it, then had to carry it on the plane back to FL on my lap the whole time!
      It really is a beautiful piece. I'm sorry if the bidding goes above your limit - I know it's frustrating. I wish you luck! I'm just hoping to sell it for enough to cover what I paid for it plus my new Mickey at Home kitchen stuff I just ordered from Disney Shopping for our new home. I'm not out to make a killing, but from what the last box (NOS - $450!) went for, I certainly can't predict how this will end up.
      Thanks!
      Rose Devine (degrapevine)

Comment

I just have to vouch for how incredible this whole collection of shadow boxes is!

Jen, may the bidding god be with you!!
        Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
          Darn it. I'm already watching it. I was hoping no one else would see it on EBay so I might actually be able to afford it this time.
          I know! Me too! There's an Adventureland on there right now and it's got a bid of $150+ on it. I paid $30 for mine at the outlet! ha! Thankfully I still have it. Maybe if I get desperate for cash...I can sell it for a trip to DL!

Comment

Originally posted by All4dISNEY View Post
            I just have to vouch for how incredible this whole collection of shadow boxes is!

Jen, may the bidding god be with you!!
            And with me!

I have 7 of these boxes and I am totally addicted. Too bad I didn't realize their value when they were originally sold or I'd have them all!

Comment

There are actually 9 of the "lands" shadow boxes made by Dave Avanzino. Here is a link, scroll down past the others to see all of the lands boxes:

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...rPage=location

I was lucky to get all 9 of them and love them, they are just awesome. I also got the POTC, HM, NBC and am just waiting till June of this year for the Tiki room one to start selling. What a talented artist!

Comment

I am missing Critter Country --- if any of you ever wants/needs to part with one, I pay top dollar!

Comment

Well ... it went for a lot .... but I WON! I WON! I WON!!!!!!!!

Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS JENN!! Isn't it a sweeet feeling!!

Comment

Yes! Luckily, my tax refund arrived a couple weeks back so it didn't hurt as much to spend the money ... and I've wanted it for so long I can't wait to add it to the shadowbox wall in my family room.

I am still so excited!!!!!!

Comment

It's even BETTER when you get it in your sweet little hands!! Pictures just don't do it justice.

Comment

Jenn I'm so happy you won it!!!!!

Comment

Thank you!! It's supposed to ship from Florida tomorrow. I can't wait to get it! I feel like a kid at Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaJenn View Post
                              Yes! Luckily, my tax refund arrived a couple weeks back so it didn't hurt as much to spend the money ... and I've wanted it for so long I can't wait to add it to the shadowbox wall in my family room.

I am still so excited!!!!!!
                              I am SOOO happy for you, Jenn! The other one sold today for $655.00. Crazy!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X