• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney to Expand Castaway Cay

From the press release:

Disney Cruise Line Creating More Magic at Castaway Cay
    Expanded Family Beach
    The Castaway Family Beach will be extended by more than 700 feet for families to enjoy the pristine white sand, build sand castles, relax in the shade under an umbrella and take a dip in the warm azure waters of the lagoon. As an added convenience for guests, enhancements to this area of the island will include:
    New Water Feature and Water Play AreasNew Beach CabanasOther Enhancements and Additions
    Disney Cruise Line sails to Castaway Cay on all itineraries originating from Port Canaveral, Fla. Disney Cruise Line offers three-, four- and seven-night itineraries to the Bahamas and the Caribbean with special voyages to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe in 2010. Land/sea vacation packages that include a stay at Walt Disney World Resort provide the ultimate Disney vacation experience.
    The video from the DCL podcast discussing the plans:

YouTube - Disney Cruise Line Creating More Magic at Castaway Cay

Courtesy of TheDisneyBlog.

I have to say I'm very excited about these additions. I've always thought there was so much more they could do with Castaway Cay, especially as the two ships became more crowded. The new restaurant, Cookies Too, and the waterslides being placed in the lagoon are good news to me personally; the original restaurant can get a decently long line at lunch, and there so far aren't any waterslides on the ships or on the island that adults can enjoy. I'm also glad the family beach is being extended, and that the Teen Beach and Stingray Adventure are being relocated, they felt kind of awkwardly placed before. And the new water and children activites sound fun and in-theme. The one thing that confused me were the private cabanas - are these really in demand for Castaway Cay? I just don't see guests pay hundreds (or thousands) to rent a cabana for the few hours they are at Castaway Cay. In any case, I definitely can't wait to visit the island again to see all these upcoming changes.

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.