This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Magic's Repo Cruise

Just heard from a friend on this cruise. They are having a wonderful time but the boat is a'rockin today, they are headed for Aruba, will arrive tomorrow. Today was green drinks, yesterday was blue!
    Denise
    www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Be careful of imitators. Only book with
    Authorized Disney Vacation Planners!
    denise@magicaltravel.com

Re: Disney Magic's Repo Cruise

I have been following this cruise. Have a couple friends on it. I can't wait to see the ship out here in CA again! I will be taking the ship back when its time to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost View Post
      I have been following this cruise. Have a couple friends on it. I can't wait to see the ship out here in CA again! I will be taking the ship back when its time to leave.
      That is great. You must be excited for your cruise; you are one of the lucky ones. I would love to read a trip report.
      Denise

denise@magicaltravel.com

Comment

Disney Cruise is amazing
        Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Lol I thought this meant Repo...as in Repo man....haha just remembered that the West--> East cruise took off recently...hope everything is going well for whoever's on the 1st one.

The boat shouldn't be that bad; all major cruiselines are equipped with stabilizers in addition to their keels and main rotors.

Comment

Originally posted by aznshrek88 View Post
            Lol I thought this meant Repo...as in Repo man....haha just remembered that the West--> East cruise took off recently...hope everything is going well for whoever's on the 1st one.

The boat shouldn't be that bad; all major cruiselines are equipped with stabilizers in addition to their keels and main rotors.
            Not that kind of rocking Most of the time on the Disney Ships you can barely tell its moving at all, it takes quite a good storm to get it rocking in the way your referring to... I was on it going though 80 foot waves and yes you could feel it a little bit but DCL is a much much smoother ride than some other cruises I have been on.
            Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

This cruise is kinda like Repo as in Repo man. We are stealing the ship away from Flordia and putting it will it belongs! Close to Disneyland!

But in just a few short months, there will be another Repo cruise and the repo man comes to take the ship back to Flordia.

Comment

Yup, and hopefully for the folks out there in a few years when the new ships arrive we may see more Disney cruises based on the west coast.

Comment

is that really how it got it's name?

Comment

I've been reading someone's daily blog, and it's SO exciting! Am I jealous? You betcha! lol
                    I want my cake back!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
                      I've been reading someone's daily blog, and it's SO exciting! Am I jealous? You betcha! lol
                      Where can we read the blog?
                      Denise

denise@magicaltravel.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
                        Not that kind of rocking Most of the time on the Disney Ships you can barely tell its moving at all, it takes quite a good storm to get it rocking in the way your referring to... I was on it going though 80 foot waves and yes you could feel it a little bit but DCL is a much much smoother ride than some other cruises I have been on.
                        80 foot waves?
                        Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                        The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                          80 foot waves?
                          Yes Caribbean cruises it's always the return trip that is the roughest, even in the best of weather. We where headed back to Port Canaveral through a really bad tropical storm about 7-8 years ago, I can't remember it's name but it was no longer a hurricane by the time it reached us. It was pretty rough, there where welding crews that where coming on board before the guest disembarked so I think we sustained some damage. Although to be fair it was the first year of the DCL so that may have just had some work planned that they just didn't finish before the ship's launch.

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                            is that really how it got it's name?
                            No it's a Repositioning Cruise, the industry calls it repo for short, not to be confused with a Repossession of property as in the movie repo man or "Scrooge McDuck finally paid the bill to keep Pete from repoing the Ship"

Comment

I'm laughing at Repo Man...it's like when they asked about any "Hostels" in Orlando...first thing I thought of was the movie...amazing how the mind wanders....
                              Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                              Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                              Favorite Sites for latest news:
                              WDWNewToday.com
                              WaltDisneyBoards.com
                              DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X