This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

Disney has posted some pictures of the model rooms for Aulani Resort and Spa at Ko Olina, Oahu. What do you think of the decor?

DVC Mike (dvcinfo.com)

Re: Aulani Resort DVC Model Room Pics

The look surprisingly generic to me? Or am I missing something?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Here's a couple of the floor plans that DVC has made available:

2-BR Floorplan

3-BR Grand Villa Floorplan

DVC Mike (dvcinfo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
        The look surprisingly generic to me? Or am I missing something?
        Yes and no. I would imagine they've had to be mindful not to make it overtly Hawaiian themed. I know that probably sounds odd, and there's more than likely dozens of hotels on the island that really sell the location, but I guess Disney wants to set its self apart from that. And no doubt there is the risk of going "too far" with the theme and the inevitable criticism from those who are against the resort.

Personally I think the rooms look nice, but I agree, you might have expected a little more island style.
        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
          Yes and no. I would imagine they've had to be mindful not to make it overtly Hawaiian themed. I know that probably sounds odd, and there's more than likely dozens of hotels on the island that really sell the location, but I guess Disney wants to set its self apart from that. And no doubt there is the risk of going "too far" with the theme and the inevitable criticism from those who are against the resort.

Personally I think the rooms look nice, but I agree, you might have expected a little more island style.
          I agree with you. I'm not looking into anything overly stereotypical or anything, and they do look great don't get me wrong, just seems they need a little...more.

I'm not sure if I even know what I'm thinking of anyway.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Where are these model rooms located?? And are they opened yet? in DLR or WDW or one of the two doorway to dreams locations?? TDR?

Comment

Originally posted by wishyouwell View Post
              Where are these model rooms located?? And are they opened yet? in DLR or WDW or one of the two doorway to dreams locations?? TDR?
              The Aulani models are opening in Tokyo.

However, when VGV sells out, they might convert the models at DLR to Aulani.
              DVC Mike (dvcinfo.com)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X