Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

    Hi,
    Exactly at the 11 month window, the minute it opened, we attempted to book a Grand Villa at the Grand Californian from the 20th-22nd of December. We were told that both the two Grand Villas on property had already been booked as week long reservations, and we were placed as the first people on the wait list for that day. What is the chance of getting into the Grand Villa now, as there are only two?
    Thanks.
    Yes. We all know that I am psychic. Don't believe me? Well... I'm sensing that you like Disney. I see that look of bewilderment, hmmm?

  • #2
    Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

    Originally posted by Exomonia View Post
    Hi,
    Exactly at the 11 month window, the minute it opened, we attempted to book a Grand Villa at the Grand Californian from the 20th-22nd of December. We were told that both the two Grand Villas on property had already been booked as week long reservations, and we were placed as the first people on the wait list for that day. What is the chance of getting into the Grand Villa now, as there are only two?
    Thanks.
    I am not 100%, but the waiting list seems to be pretty good at the Grand Cali. However, that is a really busy time of year, and if someone has it from before for say, 2 weeks through Christmas, you might be out of luck. I would make alternate arrangements just in case, since I think this time period might be impossible to get in for the holidays, but you never know.

    I wish you luck!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

      Do you have the points to do studio and two bed room?
      Or get room from disney collection?
      DVC only build fifty rooms from Studio to Grand villas
      We need keep email DVCmemberssatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com.
      for More grand cailfornian Room we can use are points on.
      Last edited by akfandisney; 01-25-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: add email
      AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
      Alan





      Toy Story Mania construction:
      Older photo
      New Photo

      Member of
      MiceChat WDW Trip
      Next trip
      2014 Dec, 31

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

        I suspect it's cause of the time of year you tried to book it. At the start of the 11 month window I booked (first choice) a Grand Villa for an entire week this upcoming May (mid month) and we got it no problem what so ever.

        From my understanding typically May isn't that busy (though with Pirates 4 world premiere and possibly Star Tours 2, Little Mermaid and maybe even Splash Mountain opening / re-opening in May I suspect it might be a bit busier than usual for May.
        The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
        DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
        DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
        Booked Trip: DLR November 2015
        Planned Trip: WDW March 2019

        Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
        270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

          Originally posted by Asylim View Post
          I suspect it's cause of the time of year you tried to book it. At the start of the 11 month window I booked (first choice) a Grand Villa for an entire week this upcoming May (mid month) and we got it no problem what so ever.

          From my understanding typically May isn't that busy (though with Pirates 4 world premiere and possibly Star Tours 2, Little Mermaid and maybe even Splash Mountain opening / re-opening in May I suspect it might be a bit busier than usual for May.
          Don't forget the Gumball Rally too! Put in for that weekend just about a week ago and am on the waitlist. Last year same thing happened, but eventually got it, so we'll see.
          It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

            Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
            Don't forget the Gumball Rally too! Put in for that weekend just about a week ago and am on the waitlist. Last year same thing happened, but eventually got it, so we'll see.

            Yeah that happens the day before we get to the resort. One year we're going to set our trip down to coincide with the rally so we can join in.
            The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
            DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
            DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
            Booked Trip: DLR November 2015
            Planned Trip: WDW March 2019

            Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
            270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

              Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              Don't forget the Gumball Rally too! Put in for that weekend just about a week ago and am on the waitlist. Last year same thing happened, but eventually got it, so we'll see.
              I put in for it the day that the date was announced and it was already booked. On the wait list, too.
              Mike


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                They really need to expand!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...


                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                  Need to open more Inventory to use DVC member
                  Add more room.
                  I like was before Disney add the DVC rooms.
                  Send that email The one post In #3
                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                  Alan





                  Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

                  Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                    Thanks for that email ak... I wanted to email them about something else about our last visit.
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...


                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                      Waiting list seems to have paid off for Rally weekend. I haven't heard from DVC but when I look at my upcoming vacations I see May 13 & 14 listed. And, they've deducted the points.
                      Mike


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                        Originally posted by mcow1 View Post
                        Waiting list seems to have paid off for Rally weekend. I haven't heard from DVC but when I look at my upcoming vacations I see May 13 & 14 listed. And, they've deducted the points.
                        Hopefully I'm next on the list. Still waiting for 13-16.
                        It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                          Wow, I am really surprised there are only two grand villas! Can you use your points on one of the larger suites in the hotel?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                            I did not use my points at Grand Californian
                            May 13 -15 I use my points at Disneyland hotel for 90 point Hope a pool view.
                            Becouse hearing about the wait list.
                            if you do not get I would do this.
                            AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                            Alan





                            Toy Story Mania construction:
                            Older photo
                            New Photo

                            Member of
                            MiceChat WDW Trip
                            Next trip
                            2014 Dec, 31

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Grand Villa at Grand Californian?

                              Originally posted by Kimura View Post
                              Wow, I am really surprised there are only two grand villas! Can you use your points on one of the larger suites in the hotel?

                              By the point chart I have to say NO
                              Only show Standard View and Premium View

                              That why I post here a Email to get move hotel inventory for Grand Cailf.
                              page one post #3
                              AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                              Alan





                              Toy Story Mania construction:
                              Older photo
                              New Photo

                              Member of
                              MiceChat WDW Trip
                              Next trip
                              2014 Dec, 31

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X