Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Good News for the Studios!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News More Good News for the Studios!

    It's a very good week for WDS fans. (Go on, there must be some of you out there somewhere!)

    News has just come in from the seemingly omnipotent La Rouquine over at the DCP forum about a new "living character" initiative that's set to run in the WDS Park later this year.

    Guests dining in the Rendezvous Des Stars restaurant (opposite the Tower Of Terror and Armageddon) will be approached by a waiter during their meal and offered a selection of cheeses on a platter covered by a silver dome. When the dome is removed, an interactive Audio-Animatronic figure of Remy (from Ratatouille) will be revealed. The animatronic will be able to talk directly with Guests, crack jokes and even dance! I can't wait to see this one in action!

    Full details (in French) here: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboa...dios-t6249.htm
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

  • #2
    Re: More Good News for the Studios!

    Sounds great (haven't read the article yet - my French is too rusty), but can we get a Wall-E or Muppets Lab at DLRP too?

    If all these WDS rumours come to fruition we could have a great park on our hands!


    "I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: More Good News for the Studios!

      Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
      It's a very good week for WDS fans. (Go on, there must be some of you out there somewhere!)

      News has just come in from the seemingly omnipotent La Rouquine over at the DCP forum about a new "living character" initiative that's set to run in the WDS Park later this year.

      Guests dining in the Rendezvous Des Stars restaurant (opposite the Tower Of Terror and Armageddon) will be approached by a waiter during their meal and offered a selection of cheeses on a platter covered by a silver dome. When the dome is removed, an interactive Audio-Animatronic figure of Remy (from Ratatouille) will be revealed. The animatronic will be able to talk directly with Guests, crack jokes and even dance! I can't wait to see this one in action!

      Full details (in French) here: http://disneycentralplaza.englishboa...dios-t6249.htm
      I knew that , but the article says that it not will be later this year but at the end of the month. I'm very curious !!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: More Good News for the Studios!

        Personally, I hate to be disturbed while I'm eating, especially by second rate comedians, but I'm sure the character meal people will eat this one up. And these interactive animatronics are certainly innovative. Walt would be proud -- even though I'm sure he too liked to eat his meals in peace.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: More Good News for the Studios!

          I was very impressed with what I saw of Muppet Labs and so look forward to this enormously. One question - will he speak English, French or Franglish?
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: More Good News for the Studios!

            Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
            I was very impressed with what I saw of Muppet Labs and so look forward to this enormously. One question - will he speak English, French or Franglish?
            If "Push" was any indication, he'll try to circumvent the issue and sing.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: More Good News for the Studios!

              Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
              Walt would be proud -- even though I'm sure he too liked to eat his meals in peace.
              Wasn't Walt the one who wanted microphones installed in Club 33 so that an actor could eavesdrop on conversations and respond through figures mounted in the walls?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                I could see this working at Cafe Orleans. Send one over here!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                  Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                  Wasn't Walt the one who wanted microphones installed in Club 33 so that an actor could eavesdrop on conversations and respond through figures mounted in the walls?
                  Eek! Alright, slight misjudgment on my part.

                  That reminds me of those awful comedy clubs where angry comedians involve you in their act, making fun of your outfit and asking lewd questions about your personal life.

                  Yeah, I'll be at Burger King...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                    ORDDU: It's a very cute idea, to be sure, but I have to say I'd be even MORE impressed if it was a live, flesh and blood Tarzan who came to my table to do more than just crack a joke and dance. I'm sure I'd have to take my dessert in private!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                      ORGOCH: Why cain't they ever have a eatin' joint with a swamp theme that sells somethin' I likes!! I say it's high time they brought on the FROG legs!!
                      Last edited by Witches of Morva; 06-20-2008, 06:46 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                        If I seen that rat I would call the health board lol!!!


                        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                          from here to next year we might see some new constructions around the park . Because if Disney wants to build new things and in Europe it take times they should start this year .
                          HKDL : Done !!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                            Wasn't Walt the one who wanted microphones installed in Club 33 so that an actor could eavesdrop on conversations and respond through figures mounted in the walls?
                            Exactly what I was thinking. They were to be installed in the light / chandelier fittings I think. And weren't some AA birds put in there also at one time?

                            From Wikipedia:
                            Walt Disney also wanted to make use of Audio-Animatronic technology within Club 33. Microphones in overhead lighting fixtures would pick up the sounds of normal conversation while an operator would respond via the characters. Though the system was never fully implemented, it was partially installed and remains so to this day. An Audio-Animatronic vulture is perched in one corner of the club's "Trophy Room." The microphones are clearly visible at the bottom of each of the room's lighting fixtures. The animal trophies (Walt inherited them from a friend), for which the room was named, have been removed by Disney family members. Photos of the room with the trophies still installed can be seen on the walls now. Currently this room is known as the "Trophy Room."
                            Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: More Good News for the Studios!

                              First reports of the Remy living character at Revous de Stars are filtering in on other boards - anyone got any more info?


                              "I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
                              Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X