X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Mickey's Magical party ,the new event

Mickey's Magical Party

Mickey and his friends are throwing a gigantic party all over the resort. Join along in the succeeder to the 15th Anniversary Celebration.

Early rumours about Mickey's Magical Party features:

DISNEYLAND PARKWALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARK
    Disneyland Resort Paris x3
    counter - to much !

Re: Mickey's Magical party ,the new event

Originally posted by invasion View Post
    Think Toon Circus meets Kids' Carnival...
    Shudders... :cfrown: Probably not the two best examples to pluck out of the air, to be honest.

All told though, I'm quite looking forward to Mickey's 80th. I know it won't be anything big and fancy, but a lot of this promises to be quite fun, on paper at least.

I have to admit though, I was keeping my fingers crossed for some "vintage" character stylings. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, I guess.
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

So when is this due to happen? Mickey turns 80 this December but the current 15th Anniversary extension isn't due to end until next March.
      Well, I suppose if they can make a birthday party last 2 years, they must feel that they can push a mouse's birthday back by a few months.
      However, Mickey's milestone would suggest a more traditional and nostalgiac approach that I would dearly love to see. I assume that the powers-that-be feel that it wouldn't sell though.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Well to me that doesn't sound like the most attractive celebration. Perhaps DLRP doesn't have to have some kind of party on all the time...

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
          Perhaps DLRP doesn't have to have some kind of party on all the time...
          Then how would they cover up Main Street?

Comment

Well quite. But that's just it, in my opinion it's the best-looking of all the main streets, if only for the floor, not horrid concrete (as well as other reasons of course but we all know those).

Comment

----
              Cheers,
              Zarniwoop

Comment

Is that official? It's not awful. I had a feeling they were eventually going to change the logo into that permanently, and it isn't/wouldn't be such a bad idea, is/would it? Although I wonder why they're doing another celebration-specific resort logo -- as if the resort hadn't seen enough logos over the years and they thought a change would be nice. Somebody over at the napkin department is losing his mind as we speak.

The artwork is... Lazy, as those character renderings are obviously recycled from the 15th. But it could just be a preliminary press release thing. But the Mickey's Magical Party logo has a nice old-timey feel to it -- something that's rarely seen from DLRP's snazzy design department.

Now if only they weren't going to **** up Main Street again.

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                  Shudders... :cfrown: Probably not the two best examples to pluck out of the air, to be honest.

All told though, I'm quite looking forward to Mickey's 80th. I know it won't be anything big and fancy, but a lot of this promises to be quite fun, on paper at least.

I have to admit though, I was keeping my fingers crossed for some "vintage" character stylings. But hey, beggars can't be choosers, I guess.
                  I agree with this.
                  Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
                  Golly, what a day

Comment

Doesn't float my boat that's for sure. If we were talking a Parisien take on Mickey's Birthdayland (re-theme of somewhere rather than a new land) then maybe.

Then again why not make the "patch o' grass" by Toon Studos Mickey's 80th-Birthday Temporary-land?
                    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
                      Why can't I see this?
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

I have no idea. You're not exactly missing much. Just a Duck, a Mouse and two dogs tearing though the page with Le Chateau in the back.
                        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                        Walt Disney

Comment

I am not looking forward to this celebration...

Comment

Oh now come on, give them a chance. It can't be worse than Toon Circus.

Comment

Can't it? Well probably not actually, as a rule I say don't even think about using the word 'Toon' in Disneyland Parc, (hence no Duckburg in ANY form, ruining the integrity of the place totally, I hate Toon Town as it is, let alone toon town fair). I just want to the park to be itself for a bit, they don't have to have a reason to put on advert on the telly, ie. the 15th, just put an advert on the telly. Chances are it won't make a massive load of difference.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X