This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Good DLP Books?

I'm an avid fan of historical/behind-the-scenes/the-making-of books about the parks. I've have quite a few for DL and WDW, but I can't seem to find anything but travel guides for DLP. Any suggestions? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Thanks

Re: Good DLP Books?

Originally posted by Slimshady View Post
    I'm an avid fan of historical/behind-the-scenes/the-making-of books about the parks. I've have quite a few for DL and WDW, but I can't seem to find anything but travel guides for DLP. Any suggestions? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Thanks
    To me From Sketch to Reality is one of the finest Disney park books ever produced, the fact it is about DLP is even better:

Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality by Matthew Walker - StartedByAMouse.com's Emporium Section
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

I agree, its an amazing book. Shame they don't do a "Sketch to Reality" for each of the 11 parks.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

Your best bet is to track down the back issues of Tales from the LaughingPlace Magazine. Issue 9 for instance features a great interview on the creation of Euro Disneyland that talks to Imagineers who worked on the park, including Tony Baxter, Tom Morris, Chris Tietz and Tim Delaney. Here is the link... http://www.talesfromthelaughingplace...ling_Tale.html

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I agree the "Sketch to Reality" book is the best.

Comment

Once Upon an American Dream: The Story of Euro Disneyland by Andrew Lainsbury

Comment

Sketch to Reality is a wonderful book, I heartily recommend. The pictures are awesome...the only thing I would have liked to see more of, is some more of the architecture / theming of the facades of attractions / shops / restaurants etc. I think this is what makes Paris the most beautiful magic kingdom...for intance all of the architecture of Fantasyland (aside from the castle which of course, is prominently featured in the book). I would also have liked to see more concept art / comments on unbuilt attractions but I understand why due to the nature of involvement of Disney, Alain might not have been able to elaborate on those.

I wish Alain would make a similar book(s) on TDL and TDS, I would definitely buy (hint, hint, loaloa).
                Down with the Hat

Comment

Thanks Lazyboy. Once upon an American Dream in print. I can't seem to find an English version of "Sketch to Reality" out there. Or maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X