Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Rumor] Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    According to a member of Themepark (who happens to be a castmember as well) the Chapperal Theatre will be demolished. Tarzan as well as Mickey's winter wonderland will be cancelled. An exact date is not given, but Tarzan should end by the summer. This might be fuel for the rumoured Splash Mountain.

  • #2
    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Well they won't knock it down for the sake of it, so that part has legs.
    sigpic

    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

      I hope this rumour ends up false, DLRP has already taken a big hit this year loosing the Lion King, in favour of cheaper shows like DJ Stitch and Playhouse Disney. While the Chapperal theatre is not an ideal venue, it sure beats anywhere else in the park.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

        It is starting to look like Tarzan won't be humoring TDLFan this summer, at least. The other rumor is a little sketchier.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

          Interesting. I wonder how permanent the Chapperal was supposed to be anyway. The "From Sketch to Reality" book includes an aerial shot showing it with no roof.

          I also remember that the Fantasyland Theatre had no roof (or walls) during my first visit in 1994. Perhaps the imagineers didn't realise how damp Paris can be.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

            Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
            It is starting to look like Tarzan won't be humoring TDLFan this summer, at least. The other rumor is a little sketchier.
            The loss of said Tarzan is always lamentable.
            sigpic

            "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
            Walt Disney

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

              Perfect with the dateline to be ready to open by 2012 for the DLP's 20th anniversary .
              HKDL : Done !!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                interesting... will wait with bated breath to see what happens!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                  Mmm this is an interesting rumor, but a rumor it is. I have yet to see this reported on other sites so Im still on the fence about this.

                  Demolished usually means it's being removed to make room for something else, it does not make sense to demolish something that wont be used. They would just leave it closed, so I have to wonder if this is true, what it's being demolished for. I find a splash mountain a hard pill to swallow because DLP can hardly afford that kind of investment at the moment, and things are going to get really bad if this global recession deepens, and by all accounts it is going to be very deep indeed. I would rather have a Indy Adventure ride anyway, but hey that really is pie in the sky thinking.

                  On the flipside, DLP could get ask the WDC for the funding as we all know that Disney has said it will invest even during a global downturn, it's just more selective.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                    Apparently according to DLRPToday it has been confirm that Tarzan will not be returning this year. Now that doesnt mean that the Chapperal Theatre will be demolished, but it does back up the ealier claim that Tarzan will be canceled. I actually think this is a massive step backwards to loose the two best stage shows at the park in favour of keeping weaker shows like Animagique going. Certainly a drop in quality, with replacements being Playhouse Disney and Stitch.
                    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                      Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
                      Mmm this is an interesting rumor, but a rumor it is. I have yet to see this reported on other sites so Im still on the fence about this.

                      Demolished usually means it's being removed to make room for something else, it does not make sense to demolish something that wont be used. They would just leave it closed, so I have to wonder if this is true, what it's being demolished for. I find a splash mountain a hard pill to swallow because DLP can hardly afford that kind of investment at the moment, and things are going to get really bad if this global recession deepens, and by all accounts it is going to be very deep indeed. I would rather have a Indy Adventure ride anyway, but hey that really is pie in the sky thinking.

                      On the flipside, DLP could get ask the WDC for the funding as we all know that Disney has said it will invest even during a global downturn, it's just more selective.
                      Yes the economy is going very deep this year and probably next year.

                      But when things come back to normal, Disney should be prepared. When people start spending money again, and they still have to build an E Ticket ride, when that one opens, the next recession is already there.

                      They need to build now! This is the time to get the cheapest rates from buildingcompanies

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                        If it is demolished, I don't think it would be a great surprise if it was to build that water ride, but the loss of Tarzan is bad news. I didn't realise about the Lion King too. The only excuse would be replacing them with shows perfectly suited to the land they're in, but to be honest we can't expect that anymore. Even Woody's Round-up is a sore thumb and that's got cowboys. Yay for water attraction, nay for loss of good shows.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                          Tarzan is coming back after all. It was going to be canceled, but they changed their minds, thankfully. However, it will only be performed during the high season.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                            Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                            Tarzan is coming back after all. It was going to be canceled, but they changed their minds, thankfully. However, it will only be performed during the high season.
                            Disneyland Paris management is weird sometimes because they don't know what they re doing .
                            HKDL : Done !!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

                              Hehe, quite. I'm glad it's coming back, a fun show with good music, but not as big a casualty as The Lion King unless they get something better in fast. Fingers crossed.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X