Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Visited the resort recently...

I am currently travelling through Europe and my travelling pal decided it would be the best birthday ever for me if we went to Disneyland Paris. Who was I to argue? Here is an excerpt from an email I sent my family (so excuse some of the bits that sounds like I'm talking to non-Disney loving people :P). I'm sure most of you know what's going on down there in Paris but here is my quick recap:

The next day we woke very early (it WAS my birthday after all!) and headed up to Disneyland Paris Resort. We stayed there for two nights, with three days in the parks (there is Disneyland and also a movie-themed park called Walt Disney Studios). It was definitely a very awesome way of spending a birthday, and if you know how big my love is for all things Disney, then you will know that I could write a novel about my three days there, haha! My birthday day we spent entirely in the magical Disneyland, which is a lovely park. I still am amazed by how perfect they make their parks and the stories behind everything and it's just really, really cool. The rides were great as well! A few great rollercoasters (especially Space Mountain) and it was a great day. That evening we went to Disney Village, which is a strip of restaurants and shops outside the parks that is open much later after the parks close. We went to Cafe Mickey, which is probably the number one restaurant in the resort and although it was a bit expensive, it was my birthday! It's pretty cool in there - while you dine Disney Characters walk around greeting you and hanging about being Disney Characters. It's really fun watching the little kids go crazy over them!

Walt Disney Studios was also a lot of fun... there are a few more 'thrill' rides there. There was even a Finding Nemo themed rollercoaster, Crush's Coaster, where you are taken through the waters off the east coast of Australia! I also really enjoyed the Tower of Terror and my favourite ride of all, the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster featuring Aerosmith. It's a rollercoaster and it launches you at the very beginning of the ride from 0-100kmh in 2.8 seconds, straight into a loop! It was so fast and rather graceful and smooth and was perfect! We went on three times and would have gone more if we had more time available! The last day in the parks was a bit rainy and wet but that was ok... and we headed back to Paris that afternoon and onto our overnight train down to Rome, which took about 18 hours (there was a bit of a delay sometime through the night) but wasn't too bad. We got into our hostel and are staying in a room with a young Canadian couple from near Edmonton in Alberta who have just finished high school, and are now going to go to Disneyland too! I have a strong influence on these matters!

I took some photos too... unfortunately my battery died on the first day I was there almost immediately (and it was a perfect day too) so I didn't get many shots out... and I only got a few hours on my final day to take some snaps in the dreary rainy weather... I'll be visiting Walt Disney World Resort in July and most likely Disneyland as well so I'll be sure to spend a much longer time taking some photos to share with you all.

Anyway... my photos can be found at Flickr here: Disneyland Paris - a set on Flickr

ENJOY!

Re: Visited the resort recently...

Glad to hear you enjoyed DLP!

Comment

awesome pictures, nice work!

Comment

Glad you enjoyed our resort. It is definately one of the most beautiful places Disney has ever created.
        Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Nice report! I love your pictures too.
          Thanks.

Comment

great pictures!
            ...but WDS is the most ugly themed park I have ever seen... in pictures

Comment

Thanks guys! I must agree, WDS definitely isn't as pretty as probably any other park they have created but Disneyland Paris is beautiful! I really wish I could have spent much more time taking photos around the parks but... was having too much fun!

Also, for those interested in picking up the coffee table book "Disneyland Paris: from Sketch to Reality" which I was reading is pretty hard to find... they were selling it in The Story Book Store just after crossing under the main street train station... I was told they had plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by mister_peterman View Post
                Thanks guys! I must agree, WDS definitely isn't as pretty as probably any other park they have created but Disneyland Paris is beautiful! I really wish I could have spent much more time taking photos around the parks but... was having too much fun!

Also, for those interested in picking up the coffee table book "Disneyland Paris: from Sketch to Reality" which I was reading is pretty hard to find... they were selling it in The Story Book Store just after crossing under the main street train station... I was told they had plenty.
                Do you remember how much this was by any chance? I'd love to get myself a copy the next time I visit!

Comment

45 euros.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X