This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

It seems that Disneyland Resort Paris is renamed to Disneyland Paris.

Source:

Magicforum:
    <link deleted>

Screamscape:
    <link deleted>
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-19-2009, 05:41 PM. Reason: links removed per MiceChat rules

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

Hmm...I've seen some merchandise with just 'Disneyland Paris' on for ages, may have been a pre-cursor to something official but I dunno. I don't see the point in spending money on a re-branding that wouldn't achieve a thing :-S

Comment

They might not do an expensive re-branding (if those Euro Disney* SCA people have half a brain). They might just slowly ease up on the mandatory and forced addition of "Resort" in every single mention of the place.

It does feel a little more casual and familiar this way. Save the "resort" for when it's relevant.

*an organization still named as the resort was four names ago, as though the point had not been sufficiently made already.

Comment

I am going to Disneyland Paris!
        yeah that sounds better
        The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

Oh and what's strange to me is that everyone on every forum seems to act as though it's the first time the place is called "Disneyland Paris..." Is everyone that young...?

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
            I am going to Disneyland Paris!
            yeah that sounds better
            Yes, it does and it officially pulls the plug on acknowledging that there is also a "studio" park next door. maybe a good thing from a marketting point of view.

Comment

But 'Disneyland Paris' was the name of a theme park essentially, now it'll be the name of a resort. Disneyland is a place as opposed to a resort, it just seems a little...unnecessary :-S

Comment

seems odd. they're just turning a blind eye to WDS and all the hotels, etc?

Ashame... well guess the place never stood a chance as a destination resort.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
                  seems odd. they're just turning a blind eye to WDS and all the hotels, etc?

Ashame... well guess the place never stood a chance as a destination resort.
                  It's more of a destination resort than the Disneyland... Resort. But yeah, that is a shame. If they get rid of the word altogether, that is.
                  Last edited by pussnboots; 04-19-2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

I wish they went back to the kidney clinic name and stuck with "EuroDisneyland" for the park. That is how the park's name appears in the posters underneath the train station..
                    And speaking of, I think it's time for them to re-open the lockers in that area and provided this badly needed service to guests once again.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      And speaking of, I think it's time for them to re-open the lockers in that area and provided this badly needed service to guests once again.

TDLFAN - I actually agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

I've never used them, but there's the storage service next to Salon Mickey, right?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                          I wish they went back to the kidney clinic name and stuck with "EuroDisneyland" for the park. That is how the park's name appears in the posters underneath the train station..
                          What they choose to call the park isn't any big deal to me. Although, I definitely prefer EuroDisneyland to Disneyland Paris. ED better characterizes what the park really is, location wise. DP kind of writes off DisneySea as an important park.

Sure, Eurodisneyland suffered from poor attendance ..but that was because it didn't start out with many good attractions. In addition, it took awhile or Europeans to warm up to an Americanized park (and the park needed time to learn to adopt to their tastes). TokyoDisneyland Resort has always benefited from the natural love afair the Japanese have for all things Disney ..especially theme parks.

Times have fortunately progressed. I think EuroDisneyland Resort would be a popular name reprentative of a booming resort in bloom.
                          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

This is all pretty irrelevent anyway. Many people still refer to it as 'EuroDisney' while most others call it Disneyland Paris or simply Disneyland (and the usual uneducated response to this is the question 'you mean Florida?'!).
                            I have yet to hear anyone bragging about their up-coming trip to 'Disneyland Resort Paris'!
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Well, irrelevant or not...the name of the park should never be compromised regardless... reason why I detest*detest*detest the name Disney's Hollywood Studios. Talk about bland! And, God knows the name Parc Disneyland has never stuck.. because there is only ONE Disneyland park and that is CA's.
                              Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post

TDLFAN - I actually agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Shocked? You really should not be. You and I are quite the same...in a b****y kinda way. Reason why I actually like you lots.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X