This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] The only was is 'Up'?

I have just seen 'Up' (quick review: utterly charming, even the 3D!) and judging by its impressive Box Office performance, it will inevitably surface in the parks in some way...but what way? I really can't imagine a ride, for me it would almost cheapen the whole thing, but I'm sure people have some good ideas. How do you want 'Up' to appear in the parks, namely DLRP of course, and how do you think it actually will? Discuss...

Re: The only was is 'Up'?

*cough, cough!* Soarin' *cough, cough!*
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Panoramagique, anyone?
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Hmm while Up certainly looks like another Disney/Pixar Box Office smash I'm not quite sure from going over the data for both Up has made it quite up to the level of what Ratatouille did in the international markets.

Regarding Pixar and its presence at Disneyland Paris, I see a big push for Toy Story next year because of the movie release and new attraction opening. I also expect to see the shops filled with Cars 2 merchandise for its release the year afterwards. Ratatouille is the highest grossing Pixar movie in France and did quite well in the UK too, so the rumoured dark ride makes sense.

For Up I'm not expecting anything to be honest. Maybe a few related merchandise options but I don't think the park will push to have a new attraction built on Up. Its likely Up will have a stronger chance of a park attraction in the States.

Personally I would like to have a new greeting location set up in the Studios for the Characters from Up and open it next year and plug it as part of the new Generation promotion.
        Last edited by Malin; 10-14-2009, 09:36 AM.
        Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
          Hmm while Up certainly looks like another Disney/Pixar Box Office smash I'm not quite sure from going over the data for both Up has made it quite up to the level of what Ratatouille did in the international markets.
          It hasn't been released in all the major markets yet.
          -Tyler

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
            *cough, cough!* Soarin' *cough, cough!*
            My thoughts exactly.

However, I personally think that the movie will not get more than cursory coverage in the parks ala The Incredibles.
            WDW - 1987 & 1991
            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Interesting. I hope it is that way, though a Meet 'n' Greet or even a play-area would be quite nice. It's easier to turn any other Pixar film into a ride I think because the others deal with specific 'worlds', ie. toys, bugs, superheros, cars, rats, etc. even the robots of Wall-E, whereas Up is just about people. That's one of the reasons it was so good!

Comment

It hasn't been released in all the major markets yet.
                As we are discussing Up's presence in Disneyland Paris we can really only view this movie by how well it performs in three main markets. France, United Kingdom and Spain.

With $38,666,686 Up has done well in France but failed to live up to Ratatouille's $65,645,333

In Spain Up has done much better with $36,038,315 than Ratatouille's $21,473,012

Meanwhile Up has only just been released in UK but Ratatouille made
                $48,619,933
                Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Shame it has to rely on how well films do. When I was a boy, Disney built attractions because they sounded cool. If it were based on BO performance, Mr Toad's Wild Ride or the Matterhorn would have never been built. And forget about PotC, HM or Big Thunder.
                  Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

That's why Expedition Everest was so refreshing! I really think that regardless of source material, good rides will attract le public, end of. If only they'd see that.

Comment

But good movies also deserve to be expanded upon with quality attractions in the parks. However I don't necessarily think that Up is 'park material' (and this is from someone who saw it twice in two days and rates it very highly on the Pixar leader board)
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X