X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Disneyland Paris February 2010

Disneyland Paris 10th – 15th February 2010

Last Monday we returned from our recent trip to Disneyland Paris. It was our fourth trip and we enjoyed our time there, although it was not as perfect and magical as the last times.

I want to start our trip report with the hotel: Disney's Sequoia Lodge

After staying three times in the Santa Fe hotel, we decided to try the Sequoia Lodge, because we wanted to stay on site. What a bad decision. The Sequoia Lodge is really a very beautiful hotel, but our room was not. At first we wanted to book a Montana room, but we thought that the money is not worth to stay in the main building, so we took a standard room which is located in one of the lodges. Nevertheless when we checked in we got a Montana room in the main building and we were pleased to get a better room.

Although our room was (somewhat) clean, it was not as nice as the refurbished rooms at the Santa Fe we had during our previous trips. The TV wasn’t working very well and our wardrobe with the TV was also a little bit broken. Maybe our expectations were just too high, but we really thought that the quality of the room would be better and maybe the other rooms in the SL are better. The nicest room in a Disney hotel we had, was the one in WDW’s Pop Century Resort and this is a value and not a moderate hotel, like SL.

We didn’t try the pool, because it wasn’t open in the morning and in the evening when we returned from the parks, we were too tired. Instead we had some drinks at the Redwood Bar, which is very cosy with the open fire place.

The breakfast was also okay, but not very different to the Santa Fe breakfast. I think SL offered more cereals, fresh fruits and the restaurants are nicer.

So next time we will stay off site, because the Disney hotels and the Extra Magic Hours are really not worth the money. Maybe we will choose one of the Vienna International hotels, because we have already stayed in one in Prague and it was a lot better than the SL for less money.

Here are some pics of the hotel and the breakfast:

More later.
    Last edited by Dagobert; 02-22-2010, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Re: Disneyland Paris February 2010

Dear Dagobert,

thank you very much for your report. Since I moved to the US, I am always happy to see and hear about Disneyland Paris.

I am sorry the Hotel experience was not that good. I stayed in Sequoia Lodge once before and I promised myself that I would never do it again because of the very bland and unappealing rooms. The main floor is gorgeous but does not reflect the rest of the hotel. If you can afford it, I strongly recommend the New York.

The merchandise have been a problem almost everywhere in Disney Parks. In Paris, they use to have different items in almost every shops depending on the theme. I used to spend a fortune there. Alas, there is nothing special anymore: it is the same everywhere. Check the shop in the Disneyland Hotel though because, sometimes, they have great stuff (although quite expensive).

I am sorry about the lack of help for your girlfriend. I am not really surprised though because Paris has been cutting corners everywhere they can.

Thank you again for your great pictures.
        Last edited by jml338; 02-22-2010, 06:12 AM. Reason: mistakes
        Jeanmi

Comment

Nice TR! Sorry to hear about the problems with food. I find it awkward at times at the Resort and I'm not vegan! So I can only imagine how tricky it is.

Nice photos of the Sequoia Lodge. Does look like a nice hotel - I've always wanted to stay there - although seeing your description I think I'll stick with Radisson at Golf Disneyland.
          sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

Comment

Photos will follow shortly.

Comment

So here are the photos:

If I have time I will post our first day in the parks in the evening.

Comment

Comment

Here are some pictures of our first day in the parks:

More to come!

Comment

Early Lunch in the Hakuna Matata Restaurant:

Early dinner at the Agrabah Cafe: Buffet Service

King Ludwig's Castle:

Sports Bar:

More tomorow!

Comment

Shops in DLP are currently reorganising, they would again (almost) only sell themed merchandise.Outside shop extensions should also dissapear in te reorganisation...

Comment

the Park looks absolutely beautiful in the snow, thanks for the photos. I've never seen a Disney Park with real snow before. Beautiful.

Curious to know if Le Pays des Contes de Fees (Storybook Land) was open during your visit?

Comment

Originally posted by GUYNYC View Post
                          the Park looks absolutely beautiful in the snow, thanks for the photos. I've never seen a Disney Park with real snow before. Beautiful.

Curious to know if Le Pays des Contes de Fees (Storybook Land) was open during your visit?
                          The park is really beautiful in snow.

No, both rides, Casey Jr. and Les Pays des Contes de Fees, were closed.

Comment

The parks are empty!

Comment

Originally posted by DLPfan1992 View Post
                              The parks are empty!
                              I have taken many pictures during the Extra Magic Hours (8.00am to 10.00am), that's the reason why the park looks so empty. Afterwards the parks had a lot of visitors despite the cold weather. I didn't expect so many on Thursday and Friday.

On Saturday and Sunday both parks were very crowded.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X