This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Captain EO to close! Noooooooooo

Disney and More has posted that Captain EO is going to close on April 2.

I know there are a lot of MJ haters, i myself am one of them, but for pure park and 80's nostalgia EO couldn't be beat! So glad i got to see it last year.

Re: Captain EO to close! Noooooooooo

I'm not that sad to see it go, I'm more curious to see what will replace it!
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

Comment

^Same here. Bringing back "Cherie" would be a stpuid idea, but I can't see them shelling out for anything new.

I guess the theatre is going to sit dormant for now.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

I know I have said this on another thread but could it be that the star tours might 'knock thru'?

Or soarin it is!!!

Comment

sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

Comment

Captain EO is now very unpopular in Disneyland Paris on the contrary of the american resorts. Its waiting time never exceed 5 minutes (even on Saturdays and Sundays).

Comment

New home for Country Bears?

But yeah, I'm really wondering what they will use the area for next!!!

Comment

sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

I think Soarin' would be a natural addition to Discoveryland as a replacement for Captain EO. The Soarin' showbuilding is approximately the same size as Star Tours located right next to it so the ride will definitely fit. It will continue the original theme of Discoveryland with a DaVinci/victorian flying machines theme. Also, I cannot imagine Soarin' costing more than $100 million so it would be relatively inexpensive. Best of all it will bring a new, popular, e-ticket attraction to Disneyland Park, where Space Mountain was the last major addition, and equalizing expansion between the Studios and the original park.

However, I do not know how congested it may get to have three popular e-tickets (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin') located in such close proximity.

Comment

Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
                    Captain EO is now very unpopular in Disneyland Paris on the contrary of the american resorts. Its waiting time never exceed 5 minutes (even on Saturdays and Sundays).
                    Maybe they should remake it starring David Hasselhoff.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1971 View Post
                      I think Soarin' would be a natural addition to Discoveryland as a replacement for Captain EO. The Soarin' showbuilding is approximately the same size as Star Tours located right next to it so the ride will definitely fit. It will continue the original theme of Discoveryland with a DaVinci/victorian flying machines theme. Also, I cannot imagine Soarin' costing more than $100 million so it would be relatively inexpensive. Best of all it will bring a new, popular, e-ticket attraction to Disneyland Park, where Space Mountain was the last major addition, and equalizing expansion between the Studios and the original park.

However, I do not know how congested it may get to have three popular e-tickets (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Soarin') located in such close proximity.
                      Also it would make sense having three transportation related attractions located near each other (Train, Star Tours, Soarin')

Comment

A Soarin' attraction would be interesting, but the current movie wouldn't fit into Discoveryland. WDI would have to produce a new one. It could be based on one of the European Visionairies.

Comment

^Well they could do "Soarin' over Europe" but with limited time you only get to cover so much, but I think we can all put up with an abridged trip over the continent.

They other key thing is that it fits much better in Discoveryland than the Studios. However the only snag to the plan (before the money issue) is that while it would be the logical move, ED rarely does the sensible thing..
                          sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

Hollywood Studio after placemaking (the current Production Courtyard). As Hollywood is in California, this is Soarin' over California they'd build.

Comment

Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
                              Hollywood Studio after placemaking (the current Production Courtyard). As Hollywood is in California, this is Soarin' over California they'd build.
                              I know that, but I think it would be much more interesting to put that ride into Discoveryland. WDI could come up with something new.

By the way is the Production Courtyard makeover still on the agenda? It was first mentioned when TOT opened.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X