Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • News 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney


  • #2
    Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

    Well. Toy Story Playland opened in 2010. We are in 2012. 2 years later. Of course, TSPL rides are B-tickets (and clever fans don't consider them as E-tickets). Remember Ratatouille is coming in 2014, the near future is exciting.

    The problem is absolutely not the attendance. The problems are the charges, the debts and other financial items.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

      Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
      Well. Toy Story Playland opened in 2010. We are in 2012. 2 years later. Of course, TSPL rides are B-tickets (and clever fans don't consider them as E-tickets). Remember Ratatouille is coming in 2014, the near future is exciting.

      The problem is absolutely not the attendance. The problems are the charges, the debts and other financial items.
      Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-07-2012, 05:42 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

        so sad, they will never catch a break.


        :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

          I am just surprised they haven't done something more radical like, shutter most of the hotels to make the place profitable. Personally if I was in charge of DLPR I would close down all but two hotels, operate them at 100% occupancy pay down debt, open new attractions, expand DTD area and then slowly phase the hotels back into operation as business demands.
          Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

            And they're still planning to build two more hotels, remember that. They're throwing themselves into even more debt.

            I like your idea, KingEric. I think what they need to focus on is turning WDS into the park is should be, give it the DCA makeover it so deserves, maybe even squeeze in a Little Mermaid ride into FL at Parc Disneyland

            Comment


            • #7
              The problem is absolutely not the attendance. The problems are the charges, the debts and other financial items.
              http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...ation-2012.pdf

              Comment


              • #8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                  Is it only me who is bored of some peoples focus on the negative?:thumbdown

                  also interesting how the same people where very negative about 'dreams' in the run up to it starting but after it opened, while every one else is impressed, nothing.... from said people.... just the same old 'TSPL is bad look the figures prove it'.......

                  the resorts problems, financal and other wise are complex, but are being worked on, how about the glass being half full for a change?:beg:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                    Originally posted by wedmad View Post
                    Is it only me who is bored of some peoples focus on the negative?:thumbdown

                    also interesting how the same people where very negative about 'dreams' in the run up to it starting but after it opened, while every one else is impressed, nothing.... from said people.... just the same old 'TSPL is bad look the figures prove it'.......

                    the resorts problems, financal and other wise are complex, but are being worked on, how about the glass being half full for a change?:beg:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                      There is no question that the original design of Paris Disneyland was horribly flawed. The overbuilt hotels have caused a huge mortgage on the whole future of the resort. Even the basic decision to locate a EuroDisney at Paris should've been questioned more thoroughly. The average temperature there is the coldest of all the Disney parks. Basically the resort is suffering from poor decisions made right from beginning. The only way to deal with their debt crisis is to reduce costs and increase income. With all of Europe seem to be going into recession, increasing income is going be very difficult. So reducing costs seems to be the best next move. It does seem logical to close a hotel or two if it were to save costs.
                      Jiminy Cricket Fan
                      .................................

                      Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                        Originally posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
                        There is no question that the original design of Paris Disneyland was horribly flawed. The overbuilt hotels have caused a huge mortgage on the whole future of the resort. Even the basic decision to locate a EuroDisney at Paris should've been questioned more thoroughly. The average temperature there is the coldest of all the Disney parks. Basically the resort is suffering from poor decisions made right from beginning. The only way to deal with their debt crisis is to reduce costs and increase income. With all of Europe seem to be going into recession, increasing income is going be very difficult. So reducing costs seems to be the best next move. It does seem logical to close a hotel or two if it were to save costs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                          Very true... the current marketing campaign sucks.
                          But when you think about it, they've just finished some MAJOR refurbishments... those cost money, money that is not earned back over night.
                          So is it actual loss??? or just money they've spend to make the park "nice" again and that hasn't come back yet???

                          Also, as for Toy Story Playland.... when you look at the attendance levels there and the reactions from kids... this is an actual success... just because "die-hard-Disney Fans" and adults don't like the look, doesn't make it a failure.
                          And when you look at all the details that are put in there... I kinda like it too.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                            Originally posted by jortlaban View Post
                            Very true... the current marketing campaign sucks.
                            But when you think about it, they've just finished some MAJOR refurbishments... those cost money, money that is not earned back over night.
                            So is it actual loss??? or just money they've spend to make the park "nice" again and that hasn't come back yet???

                            Also, as for Toy Story Playland.... when you look at the attendance levels there and the reactions from kids... this is an actual success... just because "die-hard-Disney Fans" and adults don't like the look, doesn't make it a failure.
                            And when you look at all the details that are put in there... I kinda like it too.
                            Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-10-2012, 05:19 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 120 000 000 Euro loss for EuroDisney

                              TSPland was mainly built to help extend guest park hours and to fill a gap of llimited attraction in the park. The land was not built to save the studio park or Disneyland Paris for all it's problems. People might. Not like the addition but it has accomplished what it was meant to do, increase time guest spend in park which might translate to more food sales. There is a reason they are considering more hotels and that is ecause they increase revenue. The problem with the resort is the high debt which only will be solved once guest feel they have enough to keep them busy for at least two days. Sometimes those long queues, and minor expansions do just that.
                              Last edited by Baloo; 05-10-2012, 05:06 PM.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X