This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News DLP cancels Disney's Fantillusion during the Christmas Season

The Disney's Fantillusion Parade last performance will take place on September 2, 2012.

This parade will be replaced by nothing, in order to save money.
    Last edited by Fultimate; 08-01-2012, 05:48 PM.

Re: DLP cancels Disney's Fantillusion during the Christmas Season

Really sad - but considering what it costs to run this vs. a pre-programmed show, it's no surprise.
    Since they neve really presented the parade the way it was intended, I'm not that sad that it's on hiatus for Christmas. Is it at least being shown this Summer?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Major dislike! It really gave a special touch to the cold nights in the winter
      "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
      ~Finding Nemo

Comment

crap, i'm going september 23 this year. gutted. saw it 3 times last year but malificent's dragon only appeared once due to the weather. still, as long as i get to see dreams a few times :-)

Comment

In an apparent cost cutting measure, I am cancelling my Christmas trip to DLP this year. I had considered an AP for my family during our last year living in Europe, but I cancelled that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternMouse View Post
            In an apparent cost cutting measure, I am cancelling my Christmas trip to DLP this year. I had considered an AP for my family during our last year living in Europe, but I cancelled that, too.
            Last year, the only nighttime Christmas entertainment was the Fantillusion Parade. Now it's going to be Disney Dreams (which is better than Fantillusion). This Christmas, Disneyland Park will have a whole new Christmas tree! I think that you still can have a great time at Christmas in Disneyland Paris.

I think they'd better cancel Disney Magic on Parade than Disney's Fantillusion Parade for Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
              Last year, the only nighttime Christmas entertainment was the Fantillusion Parade.
              What about the lighting shows on Main St.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
              Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
              :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Bad news... AGAIN!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...urodisney.html
                Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-12-2012, 05:39 AM.

Comment

When I read French Forums, they don't seem to be bothered by this mesure and they even say Disneyland Paris has opened so many rides those last years. They're obviously mad.

Comment

DLP - 1994 / 2002 / 2007 / 2010 / 2011 Annual Passport

WDW - 2006 / 2008 / 2009 / 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Fultimate View Post
                      When I read French Forums, they don't seem to be bothered by this mesure and they even say Disneyland Paris has opened so many rides those last years. They're obviously mad.
                      People still praise Toy Story Playland over at the DLP and WDS fansites. To me it semes that many of those who see DLP as their "home" park have lower expectations on a Disneyland than the fans of any of the other resorts.

...yes people... there is a fan site for the WDS park, the worst Disney park park ever. That alone is evidence of how people in different regions look at a brand.

Meanwhile in Hong Kong:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apMwl...eature=g-all-u
                      Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-13-2012, 07:41 AM.

Comment

-
                        Last edited by Fultimate; 08-01-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

I will continue to hope that maybe they decide to put it back on the schedule. But I will definitely now stop my plans for heading there this Xmas season. That was a big draw for me, as I've never seen the parade before. Looks like DLP is out this year for me.

Comment

bumb ubm!

Comment

This is such a shame, I love Fantillusion especially at Christmas I think it gives a really Christmasy feel with all the twinkling lights! But I am still holding out hope it might run this Christmas season.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X