This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report DLP Trip Report August 2013 [Photo Heavy]

Hey guys! So I just got back from a wonderful and magical 8 day vacation to the city of Paris. We spent 2 of those days at Disneyland Paris, and I wanted to share with you my trip report and some pictures from the resort. This was my partners first time going and this trip would make my second to the resort. Below is my trip report along with some pictures. To see the rest of my pictures please check them out here:

Disneyland Paris 2013 AlbumMain Street USA & The Disneyland Hotel

Frontierland

Adventureland

Discoveryland

Fantasyland

nd floor of the castle we were able to see them film a Halloween promo by the wishing well! Very cool to see! It featured the Evil Queen from Snow white and another witch.

My partner was able to take two small videos of the actress playing a witch. She was something else!

Video 1
    Video 2

Disney Dreams
    Walt Disney Studios Park
    Me (GhostHostJeff) and my partner

Thanks for reading my trip report! We had an amazing experience at the resort, and I definitely saw a lot of improvements since my visit in 2009. I took a lot of photos, so please feel free to check out the whole album.

Disneyland Paris 2013 Album
    Last edited by GhostHostJeff; 08-22-2013, 02:33 PM.
    Jeff Wayne

Re: DLP Trip Report August 2013 [Photo Heavy]

Great pics! Great to read

...but I have to say that Buzz Lightyear the way the building looks really messes Discoveryland up.

...and how on earth can a popular place like DLP not make a fortune?

Good to see that some Disney fans support DLP as I am not one of them.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Comment

ORDDU: Thank you for your interesting trip report and photos, GhostHostJeff, duckling! My sisters and I enjoyed both!

ORWEN: I never get tired to looking at pictures of Sleeping Beauty's Castle! And thank you for also including a picture of Phillip with Aurora!

ORGOCH: Guess they don't got no frogs in Paris, huh?

ORWEN: Who cares about frogs, old biddy?? Only you!!!

ORDDU: After stirring over an old cauldron all day, I don't suppose I'd be in the mood to have to smell anyone's cigarette smoke either.

ORWEN: And those crowds of rude, careless people doesn't sound so nice either. But it sounds like you two had a good time anyway.

Comment

Its beautiful....thanx foe sharing these wonderful pics.
        primark-online.net
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elance
        http://www.facebook.com/Elance

Comment

Crowds: First negative was the crowds! I knew going to the resort that it would be crowded since it was August, but nothing prepared me for the mass amounts of people. Just to get an idea of how crowded it was, the Disneyland Railroad had a posted wait of 120 minutes! I think one reason for the crowds was the cost of a one-day ticket, and the fact that they ran a special for one-day two –park tickets while we were visiting. I’ve never seen a Disney park that crowded in the states, even in the heart of summer, it almost felt like New Year’s Eve at Disneyland. We did manage the crowds and tried to take advantage of Fastpass when we could.
          This is all down to poor ride capacity. Disneyland in Anaheim for instance has several more attractions spread out across the parks to help soak up the people. Making wait times much more manageable. Since we can't have any new attractions for the park. The conditions are not going to improve anytime soon. Euro Disney CEO Philippe Gas is qouted as saying in the past he thinks the parks should with current ride capacity and facilities be handling 20 million Guests a year. Right now its struggling to handle 16 million.
          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Glad you had fun for the most part! When I visited Paris several years back we went during the busiest time of the year (mid August) but luckily we had EMH. We literally rode half the day's attractions during the few hours, then strolled around the parks during the afternoon when everything had 2 hour waits. Very satisfying way of seeing the parks over the course of a few days. The exception was waiting for Parades/Shows/Pyro, when the crowds just swamped the areas and people climbed through bushes, over walls and in general acted like wild animals. I guess I should consider those situations a primer for when I visit Hong Kong Disney.

To expand on what Malin said-

Disneyland Attractions: Max Hourly Throughput

Disneyland Paris Attractons: Max Hourly Throughput

Disneyland has 35% higher throughput per hour, yet they pull similar attendance during busy periods (approx 50,000-60,000 daily). Not to mention that Paris RARELY has any of their attractions running at full capacity, whereas people are outraged if this happens in California. I'd actually cut that max throughput at Paris nearly in half during many parts of the year when "seasonal" rides just plain close during the week and they're only operating the rest of the rides at half capacity regardless of how long the line is. Such a shame too, it really is the best laid out, best themed and full of amazing rides. They just don't make use of the great layout, and the theming/rides are not kept to standards. If only OLC would buy out Disneyland Paris add a few of the missing E-tickets and run the place like Tokyo... Disneyland Park Paris would be the greatest park on earth by a long shot. Then again, they'd still have to cater to Parisians so I guess the level of guest service and operations would be lost on most of their customers anyway.
            Last edited by rushtest4echo; 08-27-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rushtest4echo View Post
              Glad you had fun for the most part! When I visited Paris several years back we went during the busiest time of the year (mid August) but luckily we had EMH. We literally rode half the day's attractions during the few hours, then strolled around the parks during the afternoon when everything had 2 hour waits. Very satisfying way of seeing the parks over the course of a few days. The exception was waiting for Parades/Shows/Pyro, when the crowds just swamped the areas and people climbed through bushes, over walls and in general acted like wild animals. I guess I should consider those situations a primer for when I visit Hong Kong Disney.

To expand on what Malin said-

Disneyland Attractions: Max Hourly Throughput

Disneyland Paris Attractons: Max Hourly Throughput

Disneyland has 35% higher throughput per hour, yet they pull similar attendance during busy periods (approx 50,000-60,000 daily). Not to mention that Paris RARELY has any of their attractions running at full capacity, whereas people are outraged if this happens in California. I'd actually cut that max throughput at Paris nearly in half during many parts of the year when "seasonal" rides just plain close during the week and they're only operating the rest of the rides at half capacity regardless of how long the line is. Such a shame too, it really is the best laid out, best themed and full of amazing rides. They just don't make use of the great layout, and the theming/rides are not kept to standards. If only OLC would buy out Disneyland Paris add a few of the missing E-tickets and run the place like Tokyo... Disneyland Park Paris would be the greatest park on earth by a long shot. Then again, they'd still have to cater to Parisians so I guess the level of guest service and operations would be lost on most of their customers anyway.
              That is very interesting! We are probably going to do Tokyo Disneyland next. I have to use my flight attendant privileges while I can!
              Jeff Wayne

Comment

Tokyo Disney operates everything at maximum capacity the entire year except for January/February. Every other time of the year it's necessary just to keep lines from spilling all over the midways! Then again, during my visit to Tokyo they seemed to be so concerned with guest service that capacity suffered a bit, though it's a fair trade-off for a place that has the best guest service in the industry. Besides, the Japanese don't seem to mind waiting in 2-3 hour queues for attractions.

Comment

I loved this report! Going to Europe is way beyond my family's budget, but I love the look of that castle in the Disneyland Paris park. I doubt I will ever see it in person, but your photos were so nice. I really got a nice taste of the park. SO happy you shared your photos with us!!!

Comment

Great photos and report. Glad to hear things are improving at DLP. My visit in May was the only time I've come away from a Disney park feeling upset at the state of the resort so I really hope things are on the up

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X