This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower of Terror Location

Hi, I was wandering, where exactly will ToT be place in the park?

Diagram would be useful, I'm not too familiar with the Studio's.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

:monkey:

TOT is expected to go right in the centre of the park, indicated by the red circle on the photo below.

Ian
    Attached Files
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

Comment

Do you also have a shot like that of the Disneyland in Paris?

Comment

Many aerial pics can be foud here :
        http://www.germs.nl/disney/maps.htm scroll down for pics
        http://www.earthetc.com/ecwearth/asp...aic01_balanced great zoomable photo, but need to install a plugin

Enjoy your flight!

Comment

Wow, sure looks a lot nicer from the air then DisneyWorld. I'm blown away by how large the park is. I must visit.

Comment

Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Comment

I hate to have to correct you, Olivier, but the main section of the queue for the Parisian Tower will be exactly the same as California Adventure's - outside!
                And as for ni_teach's comment on a weird layout - I couldn't agree more. However, the next expansion phase should see a new boulevard being driven right through the centre of the park, starting at the Tower, and out beyond the Tram Tour station. This will end in a new hub. Construction is hoped to start in 2007!
                Originally posted by fizzog
                Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Soundtracker you're probably right and I know that Paris ToT will be a Anaheim clone, but don't you think the Imagineers will change at least the queing line to fit Paris weather ? (as they did for most of the other rides). I just can't imagine people waiting in an outdoor queing line for hours at Christmas time for example (when it can get very cold)...
                  (ni_teach, sorry I thought you were talking about Disneyland Paris park layout... )
                  Last edited by Olivier; 05-11-2005, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Sadly, there'll be no change (and I've seen the plans, tee hee!) If you think about it, a lot of the other attractions have large outdoor queue areas - they're just much cheaper to build, and that was the driving force behind the park, sadly.
                    But did you know, that Euro Disney's CEO didn't like the Tower's original location, and commisioned the Imagineers to investigate the possibility of placing it outside the current park boundaries? He wanted to place it on the current CM car park. You can see it at the very top of the photo posted by Ian P.

Comment

Yes, this location (behind the current Studio Tram Tour station) was much discussed. I think they thought of a "Hollywood Bld" leading to ToT... If they ever build such a boulevard (which I doubt), it will be much shorter now...

Comment

Comment

Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

what do you reckon the themeing of the tower will be? Shouldn't it be kinda art-deco to try to fit with the animation building and the disney channel studio?

I can't really see how they could make the "old-falling-appart-hotel" story works when everything around looks different and new. It will look like stuck up in the middle of the park without any connection with it.

what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by poupouille
                              I can't really see how they could make the "old-falling-appart-hotel" story works when everything around looks different and new. It will look like stuck up in the middle of the park without any connection with it.
                              I think there's too much space between the buildings in WDS so there is no unity. So it won't be a problem to fitt a ToT in. The RnRC building is not in the same style too, and it doesn't bother. At least not me...
                              - Milo

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X