Euro Disney hopes to ride out bad times

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro Disney hopes to ride out bad times

[article from London]

I've said it before and I'll say it again: rebuilding the same attractions will not generate excitement.
    Mr Lacroix, if you want to increase attendance at the resort you have to build new attractions not found anywhere else, including other Disneyland parks in the world. Dust off some of those old "phase 2" and "phase 3" expansion plans from 1992. Most of those shows and rides have never seen the light of day. Isn't it about time to bring them to life ?

Sometimes I wish I could be the CEO of The Walt Disney Company, if for no other reason,
    to give Euro Disney the original entertainment it sorely needs.

Very well said Evil one. Just think how many Americans travel to Europe every year. Few of them think to visit the Disney Resort in Paris. Why? Because they think it is the same as the parks in the US. If Disney built enough unique rides in Paris, not only would they attract more European visitors, but they'd pull in more Americans as well (desirable because Americans spend more on an average vacation than the average European does)
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

*wants to delete post but can't, feels rather silly*

I think Andre Lacroix is spot on. My family and friends all lives in Paris suburb and yet they have never been to Disneyland Paris.

They know vaguely that there a similar place in the USA. They don't even know that there are two locations in the US where you can find Disney theme parks. They are not even sure what they would find if they were going to Disneyland Paris. They know that it's a place where everything has been reconstituted (fake), looks pretty, with rides that are: a) too scary for my mum b) too tame for my brother and sister. And I bet they can't even name one ride in the park, except "some kind of train that goes around a mountain".

Obviously for us disney buffs it seems almost impossible that such people could exist but they do :-)). If Disneyland Paris can convince them to visit then they would go a long way to help them recover.

Now I'd like to believe that lot's of americains are visiting France in droves but I'm not sure that would still be enough :-)

So I think it's more of an image problem that just the quality/uniqueness of the rides.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.