This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

It was recently established on the Walt Disney World forum that the deluxe hotels, notably the Grand Floridian, may not completely be worth their rates compared to non-Disney luxury hotels.

I'm considering/planning my first Disneyland Hotel stay and wonder if people think that's worth its rates? I already love its public spaces (so Lady and the Tramp), but is a stay there worth the price? Are there many perks over the Hotel New York?

Re: Is the Disneyland Hotel worth it?

Hmm interesting to see no ones posted anything here on that hotel.Are we all that poor to stay here.

The perks are the same as the New York and what your really spending the money on is the location.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Out of curiosity I punched in our July dates for a quote; a standard room for us would be $877 per night. I gotta tell you, unless it includes the princess of your choice plus several other perks I can imagine (most of which are illegal), there's no way a standard hotel room would be worth it for me.

A bientot.
      Remember
      What the dormouse said
      Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
        It was recently established on the Walt Disney World forum that the deluxe hotels, notably the Grand Floridian, may not completely be worth their rates compared to non-Disney luxury hotels.

I'm considering/planning my first Disneyland Hotel stay and wonder if people think that's worth its rates? I already love its public spaces (so Lady and the Tramp), but is a stay there worth the price? Are there many perks over the Hotel New York?
        I've never stayed in any of the DLP hotels, but when I was there I visited every hotel except the Santa Fe and Cheyenne. My traveling partner and I decided that we both would choose the Newport Bay Club to stay at if we ever stayed there. We liked it's distance from the park, as well as the style/design, and it seemed the most relaxing to us.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
            I've never stayed in any of the DLP hotels, but when I was there I visited every hotel except the Santa Fe and Cheyenne. My traveling partner and I decided that we both would choose the Newport Bay Club to stay at if we ever stayed there. We liked it's distance from the park, as well as the style/design, and it seemed the most relaxing to us.

Comment

Thanks, Jortlaban, that clears it up. Things aren't looking good for the coveted pink palace, are they.

Originally posted by jortlaban View Post
              the facts about disneyland Hotel:
              Pro's:
              - Located above the entrace of the Disneyland Parc, which offers great views over main street.
              - Great luxury breakfast
              - easy acces to the Disneyland park

Con's:
              - Extremly expensive for a place you most likely only sleep in.
              - not close to WDSP or Disney Village.
              - beds are the same as all the other hotels
              - extremly pink and tinkerbellish, which you have to like to enjoy, if you don't, you'll feel like your in Barbie's dreamworld.
              - the luxury breakfeast means you get added sausages and scrambled eggs for free (other hotels you'll have to pay an extra 5 euro's for this addition).
              Well, I think the breakfast part is more of a pro, personally, providing there are pancakes involved. Don't really mind the pink wallpaper either (for a few nights in a lifetime...besides, it matches that scent that lingers throughout). And the fact that it puts the Studios at a distance seems more of a pro as well. Still, it sounds a little on the average side.

So again we have a Disney hotel that can't live up to its rates and blurbs.

Comment

I love the Disneyland Hotel. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Now I haven't stayed at the Grand Californian but I've heard that people who have prefer the Disneyland Hotel over it. I love that you can catch the Monorail to the park, it makes for a wonderful start to a morning before you arrive at the park. The restaurants there are great as well. Overall I think it's worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by crystaltink View Post
                  I love the Disneyland Hotel. It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. Now I haven't stayed at the Grand Californian but I've heard that people who have prefer the Disneyland Hotel over it. I love that you can catch the Monorail to the park, it makes for a wonderful start to a morning before you arrive at the park. The restaurants there are great as well. Overall I think it's worth the money.
                  They have monorail in Disneyland Paris? Cool!

..just kidding.
                  ----
                  Cheers,
                  Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by crystaltink View Post
                    puss* is talking about the Disneyland Hotel, Paris - not California.

Comment

I have stayed at all the DLP resorts many times, at WDW we have stayed at the Contemporary, Polynesian, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside, at DL we have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel and the Grand Californian. My opinion is this:

The DLH has great restaurants, bar and shop - open to all. The hotel itself is a rip off. Do yourself a favour - stay at the Hotel New York and take the money you saved and have a great meal at the California Gril at the DLH.

The benefits of staying at the DLH is a free character breakfast every morning, location (though HNY is better if you like the Village and is equi distant to the Studios), and lovely themed beds. That's it unless you stay in the Castle Club which offers additional fastpasses and a direct entrance to the turn styles.

To me the DLH is a rip off, and this year, the Disney hotels have hyper inflated themselves. We now tend to stay at the Holiday Inn or this summer at the 4 star rated Marriott Vacation Club on the DLP golf course for less than the cost of the Cheyenne.
                      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                        To me the DLH is a rip off, and this year, the Disney hotels have hyper inflated themselves. We now tend to stay at the Holiday Inn or this summer at the 4 star rated Marriott Vacation Club on the DLP golf course for less than the cost of the Cheyenne.
                        This year DLRP has a card in their sleeves: Extra Magic Hours.. And when you consider current off-season queues at 100min.. the extra hours will be a real treat - for Disney hotel guests only.
                        ----
                        Cheers,
                        Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
                          This year DLRP has a card in their sleeves: Extra Magic Hours.. And when you consider current off-season queues at 100min.. the extra hours will be a real treat - for Disney hotel guests only.
                          Ah yes, but one night at the DLH is three nights at the Marriott Vacation Club, so we are going for 11 days this year and taking in other sites too. Much better than an extra hour on a monday morning. Besides, with our annual passes we can still go into Fantasyland 1/2 an hour early every morning.
                          Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Extra Magic hours are so over rated. I resent they take away time when the parks could be opened to ALL guests, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              Extra Magic hours are so over rated. I resent they take away time when the parks could be opened to ALL guests, regardless.
                              If the parks are normally scheduled to close at Midnight, but stay open an extra three hours as a perk to resort guets, what's wrong with that?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X