This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTC update coming in May!!

According to latest AP magazine envie+ DLP's Pirates of The Caribbean ride will get an upgraded better sound, new special effects and characters directly inspired by the "Pirates of the Caribbean - At World's End" movie - before the movie premiere! Which is May 23rd!

The magazine is downloadable here (french only) : http://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/pa...edeplus_13.zip
    Last edited by Zarniwoop; 04-19-2007, 06:55 AM.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Re: POTC update coming in May!!

That doesn't sound like good news....couldn't Disney leave at least one Pirates unsullied with Jack Sparrow crap? Especially the brilliant version at DLP?

Comment

Very interesting.

I'll refrain from an opinion, but I wonder how they'll pull it off? Since the sequence is reversed from the other versions and the caverns come last instead of first, how will they work that smoke screen thing with Davy Jones into the ride?

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
        Very interesting.

I'll refrain from an opinion, but I wonder how they'll pull it off? Since the sequence is reversed from the other versions and the caverns come last instead of first, how will they work that smoke screen thing with Davy Jones into the ride?
        They will probably just change the narration of Davy Jones to fit in with the storyline.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
          They will probably just change the narration of Davy Jones to fit in with the storyline.
          It just seems like that would set off a whole new series of obstacles. How would the final (drunk, singing) Jack Sparrow fit into the ending? Or worse, if they put Davy Jones in the caverns at the end, he'd be the one to say goodbye to guests, haha. It just doesn't work.

The thing is, foreboding doesn't work in the caverns at DLP, because it's the end of the ride. Here, the dead pirates serve to give a semi-cynical "back to reality"-type ending. And there's no such thing as afterboding.

But we'll see. In any case it should be interesting.
          Last edited by pussnboots; 04-19-2007, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
            That doesn't sound like good news....couldn't Disney leave at least one Pirates unsullied with Jack Sparrow crap? Especially the brilliant version at DLP?
            I agree 100%
            Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Comment

I Just read the magazin and i wouldn't expect much change at all. The character adding must be minimum, no way it can be comparable to the DLR or WDW upgrade. The article reads "waiting for may come and check out the blablabla" Means the upgrade is done or almost done, cause may is rather close.
              DLRP.fr covers every single trash bin upgrade, they would have never missed a big scale upgrade in the making. My guess is minor tech maintenance and upgrade, plus the adding of some movie franchise props... DLP can be very disappointing in matter of PR.

i wouldn't be afraid of the change, they have to be minimal. Good news then
              Last edited by CheriBibi; 04-19-2007, 01:12 PM.
              Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

Originally posted by NickCharles View Post
                Finally! We agree on something! I am most disappointed by this overlay in Paris. Think of this... if the HM movie and TOT movie had been hits, we would have Eddie Murphy and Steve Guttenberg AAs in those rides as well...

*me gets the:yuck: thinking about that*

Comment

http://www.dlp.info/Guide/News-And-R...newsnr=469#469

Nooooooooooooo!
                  Based on this information and the overlays seen in the US parks guests should expect to hear a new soundtrack incorporating themes from the successful score of the movie series
                  *vomits*

But now several dark rocks have been added to the right of the boats, blocking the view of the shores and the entrance of the fort. Also the lower half of the lift hill is now really dark, in fact so dark that the themeing and the heavy chain moving on the right is totally invisible. While the purpose of these changes is not confirmed, it could be speculated that a water curtain might be installed onto which a short movie of Davy Jones might be projected - as in the updated version in the US-parks.
                  Please no! That relaxing ascent up the waterfall taking you back in time is such a great part of the ride. Don't put some stupid projection into it, that would totally ruin the atmosphere. Why are Disney so obsessed with projections? Don't they realise that projections look like projections, and Pirates didn't have projectors!

Comment

Originally posted by CheriBibi View Post
                    DLRP.fr covers every single trash bin upgrade

Let's wait and see what they will make of it. I personally don't think that adding some elements of the movie into the ride will ruin it all-together. A few AA's here and there, better sound and a projection will fortunately probably not change the whole ride.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyAvenger View Post
                      Why are Disney so obsessed with projections? Don't they realise that projections look like projections, and Pirates didn't have projectors!
                      Simple. Because it is the cheapest way to go. Projectors are easier to maintain than animated props and AAs.. Most updates to ride s now a days are just that... projections.. Nemo and Fiesta rides at EPCOT, etc etc..
                      It sickens me that a company that praises itself for being "cutting edge" in regards to entertainment, can get away with lower quality for the money they charge guests to visit their parks.. Some cutingedge technology those projections are... as projctors have been around since like... the late 19thearly 20th century?

Comment

The large chain on the lift at the begining of the attraction was very visible less than a week ago. I did not see any of the changes that they are referring to and did not see anything being prepared for change.

Comment

That article says you can see Jack Sparrow IN FRONT OF the attraction, but it doesn't explicitly say new AA's were going IN THE attraction.

On vera!

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                            It just seems like that would set off a whole new series of obstacles. How would the final (drunk, singing) Jack Sparrow fit into the ending? Or worse, if they put Davy Jones in the caverns at the end, he'd be the one to say goodbye to guests, haha. It just doesn't work.

The thing is, foreboding doesn't work in the caverns at DLP, because it's the end of the ride. Here, the dead pirates serve to give a semi-cynical "back to reality"-type ending. And there's no such thing as afterboding.

But we'll see. In any case it should be interesting.
                            Um, Davey Jones DOES have the last word at the original Disneyland version...

Regardsarama,

Jon
                            Jon A. Leslie
                            nojarama
                            http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

Originally posted by nojarama View Post
                              Um, Davey Jones DOES have the last word at the original Disneyland version...

Regardsarama,

Jon
                              Well yes, technically, but obviously it's the final Depp animatronic that's the "final act", while Davy Jones has his moment in the limelights in the cavern area at the beginning. That makes sense (well, the purists may not agree entirely)... If they'd put the same fog screen in the cavern area at DLP, you'd only be introduced to him at the end, and besides that it just seems completely out of place. In other words, they'll have to be a little creative in order to shoehorn the new effects into the DLP version.

But apparently they're going to put him near the first lift hill, so...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X