X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl Dies on Rock n Roller Coaster

Here's the first report of a death at WDS -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlates...736654,00.html

French police are investigating the death of a 14-year-old Spanish girl who lost consciousness while riding a roller coaster at Disneyland Paris, park officials said Tuesday.
    The cause of the girl's death remained unclear. A preliminary inspection of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster ride found no malfunctions with the machinery, Disneyland spokesman Pieter Boterman said.
    It seems very similar to the tragic death of a young boy on WDW's RnRC.

Thoughts are with those affected by the loss.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Re: Girl Dies on Rock n Roller Coaster

that is the first time that Disneyland Paris develop in public news their accidents .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Here we go again with the "Is Disney to blame?" .All rides carry warnings about health complaints. Possible she wasn't aware she had one but the inquest should sort that. It parallels with that one of the kid who died after riding MIssion Space at EPCOT.
      Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Thanks for posting the link, PeaJay. This is obviously sad news, but, as some have already said, is not without its precedents. In fact, a young woman died on the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster while I was working there in early 2003. She had a pre-existing medical condition, which she was aware of, but chose to ride anyway. She blacked out during the course of the ride and never regained consciousness.

My sympathies to this girl's family, but also to the Cast Members, both on and backstage, who were present at the time of the incident. It must be a hell of a shock for all of them.
        Originally posted by fizzog
        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
          Here we go again with the "Is Disney to blame?" .All rides carry warnings about health complaints. Possible she wasn't aware she had one but the inquest should sort that. It parallels with that one of the kid who died after riding MIssion Space at EPCOT.
          According to early reports, the ride is fine, the kid IMO died as a result of an undisclosed (or ignored) health problem.
          Janette

Comment

Such an awful incident. Also a shame how badly this will rub off on Disney in the press regardless of whose 'fault' it was.

Comment

May this be reflected in an increase in the height limit of the ride?
              WDW - 1987 & 1991
              DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
              DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                May this be reflected in an increase in the height limit of the ride?
                I'd be surprised. She was 14, so likely greatly exceeded the minimum. I just helped at my son's 6th grade picnic, and a couple of those 12 year olds are as tall as adults. Actually, the incredible range of heights at that age is fascinating in itself.

A bientot.
                Remember
                What the dormouse said
                Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
                  I'd be surprised. She was 14, so likely greatly exceeded the minimum. I just helped at my son's 6th grade picnic, and a couple of those 12 year olds are as tall as adults. Actually, the incredible range of heights at that age is fascinating in itself.

A bientot.
                  Yeah, some kids are tall early, I was 5'7" when i was 12, so if she was 14 she proabbly was close to "adult" height, and I don't think height had anything to do with her death

Very sad for her family
                  Is this haunted signature
                  actually
                  stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                  Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                  also known as...
                  Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I only say this as my son has just turned five and is nearly tall enough to ride Rock and Roller Coaster. Yet I found the thing terrifying!

And yes, my thoughts are with her family, companions (she was on a trip with friends I gather) and the CMs in attendance.
                    WDW - 1987 & 1991
                    DLR - October 2011

Comment

The Rock n Roller Coaster was reopened yesterday following the autopsy showing that the death had nothing to do with trauma.
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                        The Rock n Roller Coaster was reopened yesterday following the autopsy showing that the death had nothing to do with trauma.
                        Well, that's good new for Disney. Of no help to the parents, obviously.

Comment

This has seemed to stay relatively quiet where I am (I haven't heard anything other than here and on dlrpmagic etc). I dunno about the attention it's got in France

Comment

Happy to see the Coaster had nothing to do with the death,but still my throughts go out to the Girl's Family and Friends.

I was watching Fox News yesturday which is available through Sky in the UK and it had mention of the girl's death.
                            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X