Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sword in the Stone ceremony -- has anyone seen this?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sword in the Stone ceremony -- has anyone seen this?

A while ago, it was reported that they would once again perform the Sword in the Stone ceremony in the castle courtyard. I was wondering if anyone happened to catch this? If so, was it any good? How do they manage it language-wise in Paris? Is Merlin bilingual? And... Any pictures?

Re: The Sword in the Stone ceremony -- has anyone seen this?

ORDDU: My sisters and I certainly hope this rumor comes true. It's bad enough that Merlin was laid off in Florida at the Magic Kingdom there--let alone having been let go in Paris, too!

ORWEN: Somebody said it was a Jay Rasulo decision to play around with that poor old man's bread and butter job. I mean, that's what we read on some web-footed site somewhere.

ORDDU: At least Disneyland still has Merlin performing all the time. So does Hong Kong Disneyland. Let's hope his services are soon requested at all Magic Kingdoms everywhere!

Comment

I have seen the show, and may have taken pictures of it but do not have the time to go search for them so I will let someone put up any. As far as I remember, Merlin does speak in french and english and the script pretty much follows the same one that was presented at the other parks.. though I never cared to actually stop for more than mere minutes and see the whole thing.

Comment

I saw it and that Merlin spoke French and English.. or at least he asked the kids name in English.
        ----
        Cheers,
        Zarniwoop

Comment

Last heard, this ceremony was only being performed at DLP on St David's Day.
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X