This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reasons why: DLP edition

In light of Kevin Yee's recent episode of optimism regarding Walt Disney World, I thought I'd start this post. You see, despite the fact that no one is over the moon with Space Mountain anymore, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience has truly shrunk its audience, Buzz is a buzz kill, Phantom Manor actually needs dusting, the merchandise has you marching out the door, the Swiss Family Treehouse's is an increasingly deserted island, the Walt Disney Studios is not so much an Affair to Remember as the Big Sleep, Disney Village has been mistaken for an Eastern European outlet mall, the Cast Members are surly, the guests are pushy and the coffee tastes like sewage, or Nescafe... Where was I going with this? Ah yes, Disneyland Paris is still worthwhile. Let's face it, despite all of this, we're all still happy to put up with that coffee just to catch a glimpse of that castle. There are hundreds of reasons why we keep returning. There must be, or we're all just mad.

Let us count the ways.

Re: Reasons why: DLP edition

Three words - Main Street USA!

(and I would draw your attention to this old thread - http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ate-69997.html)
    Last edited by nathan detroit; 09-28-2007, 08:08 AM.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Comment

Frontierland and Castle with dragon!
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
        Three words - Main Street USA!

(and I would draw your attention to this old thread - http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...ate-69997.html)
        Well, that's been a while. Time to remind ourselves once more, haha. And it seemed topical. (Okay, I had forgotten about that thread and should have bumped it instead of creating a new one. Bygones.)

And my prime reason has to be Main Street too. It's the best version by a landslide. I mean it's really, really far ahead of the others, even though most people (including many a theme park enthusiast) never take the time to realize quite how much. Same with the castle.

Comment

Well I hear WDW's main street's left side is all one giant shore. If this is true then I can proudly say that DLP's offers a huge variety of shops and eateries and allsorts, it's quite simply utterly wonderful

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
            Well I hear WDW's main street's left side is all one giant shore. If this is true then I can proudly say that DLP's offers a huge variety of shops and eateries and allsorts, it's quite simply utterly wonderful
            Yes, they essentially sacrificed the west side of Center Street for more retail space. But it's more than that. DLP's Main Street was just so... Thoroughly designed. it's just marvelous.

Comment

I just find it magical (well I find the whole place magical), it's simply perfect, elegant, total immersion, always spotless. Ah

Comment

I liked Peter Pan's Flight with all the "glittery" stuff on the sip at the end scene.

Also: you can see hot French women!
                Check out these links:

www.ioacentral.com
                www.youtube.com/barryh1972
                www.myspace.com/barryhom
                www.themeparkreview.com

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                  I just find it magical (well I find the whole place magical), it's simply perfect, elegant, total immersion, always spotless. Ah
                  In my experience, it's usually the cleanest part of the park. ) Disneyland Paris has my favorite version of Main Street definitely. The two arcades, the billboards with advertisements, the bricked road, the Disneyland Hotel in the background all combine to make it a wonderful and immersive experience (not that the other lands don't succeed at this).
                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Indeed it certainly looks the best facing away from the castle if nothing else! The DL hotel looks like part of the scenery!

Comment

Three Words - Big Thunder Mountain!
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Ah, BTM, the perfect ride...well apart from the queue...but moving on. And the bugs in the final tunnel are the perfect cap-off

Comment

They're bats aren't they?
                          WDW - 1987 & 1991
                          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Oh I don't know, it went by pretty fast. I'm sure I saw spiders....hmm...

Comment

Nah, definitely black-lit bats.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X