X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

By the way for those of you who enjoy this trip report you may line to check out the TDR section for my trip report to Tokyo. http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...07935&posted=1

Comment

Nice report. Sorry about the rain. Did everything come to a halt? Or do they keep things open. I'm preparing to head off next week for DLRP. I'm hoping that they get around to fixing up some of the issues with Small World before I get there. I saw on their website that it's got a scheduled closing right before the end of my stay. So if it reopens as planned, I'll let you know if they fixed it up or not. Any advice in general? I've been there before when it was Euro, but never to Studios--sadly I know, that's the whole reason for my trip is to see that park, as it is the only Disney theme park that I haven't been to. But what an excuse to get to see Disneyland Paris too.

Comment

One doesn't need an excuse! Nice report so far Malin, I look forward to reading the rest

Comment

Thanks for the report! How was the shuttle bus ride to and from the hotel? I hear they can be quite hectic.

Comment

Malin, you must have a lot better eye for these problems than I do, i only noticed 2 broken AAs in Small World and didn't notice the dust either; and we rode it 5 times. I've been thinking about getting my eyes checked, maybe the problem is worse than I thought.
            CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
            www.facebook.com/FuseMP
            www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
              Malin, you must have a lot better eye for these problems than I do, i only noticed 2 broken AAs in Small World and didn't notice the dust either; and we rode it 5 times. I've been thinking about getting my eyes checked, maybe the problem is worse than I thought.
              If you rode It's a Small World five times, you might want to get something else checked too, haha.

Comment

Brilliant comeback Puss haha. I did it once on the first day to get it over with, not again. I have to say, it didn't look brilliant, but I always hated that you could see the roof

Comment

Good report.

Let's have the rest then!
                  WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                  DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by GUYNYC View Post
                    Nice report. Sorry about the rain. Did everything come to a halt? Or do they keep things open. I'm preparing to head off next week for DLRP. I'm hoping that they get around to fixing up some of the issues with Small World before I get there. I saw on their website that it's got a scheduled closing right before the end of my stay. So if it reopens as planned, I'll let you know if they fixed it up or not. Any advice in general? I've been there before when it was Euro, but never to Studios--sadly I know, that's the whole reason for my trip is to see that park, as it is the only Disney theme park that I haven't been to. But what an excuse to get to see Disneyland Paris too.
                    Yeah rain was a bit of a downer but atleast it wasn't to heavy. All attractions were kept open and all shows went ahead but I did see a alternative version of Candlebration where the guys with the flags were no where to be seen.

The work on Its a small world shouldn't take much to fix. Its just more or less cleaning up and repainting the sets and removing the mold from the bottom of the water as well as fixing some of the AA's. This is why I'm so angered by the neglect because the issues I found could be easily fixed. I was actually very tempted to volenteer my services but I was on vacation.

Rest is on the way
                    Last edited by Malin; 10-04-2007, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                      Thanks for the report! How was the shuttle bus ride to and from the hotel? I hear they can be quite hectic.
                      Yeah they can be very hectic at times, its best to avoid certain times of the day for sure. Europeans will have no probs shoving you out the way. I also during my trip caught a family lifting a stroller above there heads and keeping it they some they could get on the bus. Main reason why I'll never stay at the Santa Fe again just to far from the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by StrongStyle View Post
                        I'm kind of happy you missed most of the neglect I saw StrongStyle as it would of taken away from your vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                          If you rode It's a Small World five times, you might want to get something else checked too, haha.
                          LOL! I should probably add, it wasn't completely by choice. Unfortunately my son still isn't a huge fan of the dark rides with the exception of Buzz and although tall enough Thunder Mountain didn't get 2 thumbs up either, but we thought we would take him on Small World this trip (we ushered him away from it on 2 previous trips) and he loved it and constantly asked to go back on it.

In a way we were lucky to only have to go on it 5 times, imagine he loved it as much as Buzz, we could have been in double Small World digits.

I did notice the flooring in the outside pools, some of it is mould, some of it coins; i have to say that it doesn't grate on me the way it does others, i saw worse water damage from the Dumbo queue and the rock pool to the right hand side of Discoveryland entrance is plain green. I didn't notice the need for either dusting or repainting, what actually stood out more to me was the way the warehouse style ceiling has never been hidden.
                          www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                          www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

The nauseating nature of iasw is somewhat lessened when accompanied by a spell-bound toddler.
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                              The nauseating nature of iasw is somewhat lessened when accompanied by a spell-bound toddler.
                              And made quite funny when its a spellbound toddler with a Buzz Lightyear gun going through the attraction shooting the AAs. I'm sure he thought the broken AAs were through his marksmanship abilities.

"Quick Gage, there's China, get them!!!" and so on.
                              www.facebook.com/FuseMP
                              www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X