This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Cinema Parade rumoured to end on March 30th

Hey guys just viewing some of the other DLRP forums and have come across rumours that the Disney Cinema Parade is to officially end March the 30th. As the Stars and Motorcars parade isn't scheduled to open yet, this will leave the Studios without a parade for the near future. High School Musical is expected to fill the gap. Looks like this may be your final chance to see this parade before it finishes for good.

Credit Poppy The Monkey
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Disney Cinema Parade rumoured to end on March 30th

Also, sad. Sure, the Cinema Parade isn't quite masterpiece theater, but on top of being a park without restaurants, animatronics or a body of water, it will now be a park without a parade.

I'll miss the music.

Comment

I am glad it's going. Cinema parade is just bad. Anything that puts guests on the floats with characters I will oppose fiercely. I go to the parks to see entertainers do their thing, not frumpy guests waving back at my camera. GOOD riddance.

Comment

Why would they withdraw a parade without having one to replace it? Despite what some may say, there is nothing wrong with the Cinema Parade and HSM is hardly a parade.
        I would welcome the addition of Stars and Motorcars but surely they can't be so confident of WDS's newly found appeal (following the last year's worth of additions) to leave it parade-less, especially with the continuation of the 15th celebrations beyond March.
        WDW - 1987 & 1991
        DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
        DLR - October 2011

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          I go to the parks to see entertainers do their thing, not frumpy guests waving back at my camera. GOOD riddance.
          You must really hate the guest interaction that TDR has been doing lately for shows like Bon Fire Dance and Haunted Rockin Street than.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
            Why would they withdraw a parade without having one to replace it? Despite what some may say, there is nothing wrong with the Cinema Parade and HSM is hardly a parade.
            I would welcome the addition of Stars and Motorcars but surely they can't be so confident of WDS's newly found appeal (following the last year's worth of additions) to leave it parade-less, especially with the continuation of the 15th celebrations beyond March.
            I'm not a fan of the Cinema Parade and never have been but to remove it without a replacement or one as lame as that High School Musical show really can't be considered a positive thing. I also don't get why High School Musical is being advertised as something new this year when it debuted last year. Unless its a differnt show, but doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
              You must really hate the guest interaction that TDR has been doing lately for shows like Bon Fire Dance and Haunted Rockin Street than.
              Yes, I really do. It's messy and way too much. I think I have mentioned this before when those topics turned up, but you always read what's convenient to you and come to a similar conclusion.

Comment

Under current standards.. the motorcade cavalcade IS a parade for Disney and that is what you are supposed to be getting, so get ready for the slow-mo excitement of it all..

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                  Yes, I really do. It's messy and way too much.
                  This almost sounds like an admission of a criticism of TDR.

WDW - 1987 & 1991
                  DLR - October 2011

Comment

I understand that part of the reason for the parade's cancellation is to allow work to start on the Production Courtyard placemaking. They're going to extend the Hollywood Boulevard facades around the front of the Tower Of Terror, up to the ride's exit. They are also going to re-pave most of the Place Des Stars, so driving a parade through the middle of it would be hell on Earth. High School Musical (which is being re-branded as HSM 2 this year) is probably easier to handle, under the circumstances. And, of course, it's cheaper to run.
                    Originally posted by fizzog
                    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                      I understand that part of the reason for the parade's cancellation is to allow work to start on the Production Courtyard placemaking. They're going to extend the Hollywood Boulevard facades around the front of the Tower Of Terror, up to the ride's exit. They are also going to re-pave most of the Place Des Stars, so driving a parade through the middle of it would be hell on Earth. High School Musical (which is being re-branded as HSM 2 this year) is probably easier to handle, under the circumstances. And, of course, it's cheaper to run.
                      Makes sense - and I suppose WDS now has enough to attract guests without having a parade. Oh well.
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

This almost sounds like an admission of a criticism of TDR.

What ever next, we may start to hear WDW being praised.

Comment

Originally posted by soundtracker View Post
                          I understand that part of the reason for the parade's cancellation is to allow work to start on the Production Courtyard placemaking. They're going to extend the Hollywood Boulevard facades around the front of the Tower Of Terror, up to the ride's exit. They are also going to re-pave most of the Place Des Stars, so driving a parade through the middle of it would be hell on Earth.
                          Oh joy yet more construction walls on the way. But if there do a good job on it like the recent projects at the Studios, it will be worth it.

Comment

The website DLRPToday reports the rumours of Disney's Cinema Parade coming to an end are indeed true and have now been confirmed.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2008/...wrap-for-good/

Comment

I feel bad they are getting stuck with a crappy parade from WDW.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X