X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malin's DLRP Trip Report

Friday the 29th of Febuary 2008

Day One

Arrived at Paris Beauvais Airport, which is Paris third and smallest Airport and boarded coach to Paris "Porte Maillot. From here it was a short trip on the Metro Line 1 over to Charles de Gaulle Etoile station. From here I followed the signs that say RER A, and boarded another train in direction of Marne Valley Chessy. Journey time takes aprox 2-3 hrs. I would never usually travel this way but unfortunately only one airline offers direct flights to Paris through my local airport, and that’s Paris Beauvais Airport.

Crowds on the trains were heavy but do start to thin out a bit once you start approaching the Resort. Arriving at the station Marne Valley Chessy I had two options either take the free shuttle to Sequoia Lodge or take the 5 minute walk into the Disney Village and around the lake. I choose the second option.

Check in was easy and I was handed my pack and the Cast Member explained all about the Extra Magic Hours and the St David’s Day Welsh Festival. Also for some unknown reason I was upgraded to a Suite. While also at reception I made reservations for the meal in the evening, which was buffet at Beaver Creek Tavern. By the way both restaurants at Sequoia Lodge are now full buffets.

My room/suite was located on the 6th floor over looking the lake and Village. You could also spot park icons like Sleeping Beauty Castle and Tower of Terror.

After grabbing my camera I headed back to the park. The New York Hotel had its ice skating rink out. This is a really nice feature that the Resort offers for the cold winter months. The Newport Bay Club looked fantastic the other side of the lake, except for the mould growing on the hotels roof. And it was a shame too as everything else up to that looked clean and well maintained.

Walking through the Village I noticed a lot of work being done on what I believe is new tree’s or something. Also I noticed a Welsh shopping village in the centre that is being used as part of the Resorts Welsh Festival to mark the Welsh holiday St David’s Day.

Part 2 coming soon.....
    Last edited by Malin; 03-06-2008, 07:59 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Malin's DLRP Trip Report

yay

Comment

Wow ... that was a nice room upgrade for you. Thanks for the report!

Comment

great report - lots of details! and great shots, too
        sigpic

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
        Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

Comment

Comment

thanks for the report, i'm planning a first time visit in may. i'm a bit disappointed to read about phantom manor's condition though. shame.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Is it me, or does Phantom Manor look a lot like the Psycho house?

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                That's what it was modeled after.
                Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                  Yes.
                  Psycho House :

Phantom Manor :

BTW, great TR and photos Malin
                  Last edited by Olivier; 03-09-2008, 02:13 PM.

Comment

That's creepy about phantom manor and the pyscho house.

Great shots! Thanks for sharing them! I'd love to visit Disneyland Paris sometime and until I do it's always great to read the trip reports!!

Comment

Love the introduction of Mickey's farewell to DLP - I seem to think that Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy do it at DL. Was he speaking English, French or Franglish?
                      WDW - 1987 & 1991
                      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                      DLR - October 2011

Comment

Great report! Loving the pictures!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by malice View Post
                          thanks for the report, i'm planning a first time visit in may. i'm a bit disappointed to read about phantom manor's condition though. shame.
                          Hi malice I certainly hope my critical coments about Phantom Manor don't put you off in anyway. Its still a fun attraction and in my opinion the best version of the Haunted Mansion Disney has ever made. It could just do with a bit more TLC. By May the situation may of improved, as the rest of the Resort looked very clean and well maintened, which is a huge improvement on what it was last Sept. Hope you have a great time by the way in May.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                            Love the introduction of Mickey's farewell to DLP - I seem to think that Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy do it at DL. Was he speaking English, French or Franglish?
                            I wasn't aware about DL having a version too, anyone got a video or pic, as it sounds cool. For the Paris farewell, Mickey was speaking English with the voice provided by Wayne Allwine. Althrough he did speak the odd French reference like au revoir. By the way in order to catch Mickey don't leave the park at closing but wait around about 10 minutes and than he'll come out.

Comment

I believe they do the same at the MK as well, but not sure.

Nice report so far Malin. Thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X