Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future DLRP (What hotel is best to stay at)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future DLRP (What hotel is best to stay at)

i was looking at the Disneyland Resort Paris website for hotels to stay at when eventually i go to Disneyland Paris iwas wondering what hotels are good to stay at. I either want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Sequoia Lodge. What are the rates because i was looking at one website they listed the Disneyland Hotel rates are $1,000 per night. is this true? any additional information will help. thanks

Re: Future DLRP (What hotel is best to stay at)

That $1,000, if accurate, will have included park admission, will be partly affected by the whole euro/dollar exchange rate and will probably be a peak season rate. You may want to consider booking your hotel and admission separately, and a Fantasy AP (€129) is easily cheaper than buying regular tickets -- for any visit of over two days, in fact.*

Furthermore, the Sequoia Lodge and the Disneyland Hotel are difficult to compare; as pointed out in some other threads, one is a deluxe, the other on the low end of moderate. So if you want good rates, definitely don't go for the Disneyland Hotel.

*Blackout dates not considered, may cause drowsiness and diarrhea.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 03-06-2008, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfan4 View Post
      i was looking at the Disneyland Resort Paris website for hotels to stay at when eventually i go to Disneyland Paris iwas wondering what hotels are good to stay at. I either want to stay at the Disneyland Hotel or the Sequoia Lodge. What are the rates because i was looking at one website they listed the Disneyland Hotel rates are $1,000 per night. is this true? any additional information will help. thanks
      The rates at the DLP hotels are high. I've stayed at the Sequoia - and I do like it, but the exchange rate was very favorable at the time (and I had a DLP annual pass discount as well). That isn't to say that I thought the price - about $120 or $130 5 years ago - was worth it per se', but it was reasonable.

I personally wouldn't stay on property now. The RER goes into Paris in a half hour or less, I just prefer staying in town (specifically Porte Doree). Then I also save on restaurants, easier access to laundromats, grocery stores, and I just love Paris!

That said - you can call the WDTC (in Florida) and ask for DLP package prices. They do get a minimal amount of availability, and the rates - including tickets - can sometimes seem reasonable compared to WDW - and occasionally there are deals. But there are also some nice hotels close by, I believe the Movenpick and Holiday Inn are well reviewed.
      Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
      I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
      on Bay Lake.

Comment

If you can afford it, stay at the Disneyland Hotel, but if not, I would recommend either the Sequoia Lodge, or even the Dream Castle Hotel, about a mile away. The Dream Castle had much better rates than the Disney owned hotels and much better amenities. You can't beat the location of the Disney hotels, though.

Comment

Last October/November I stayed in Hotel l'Elysee in Val d'Europe...
          Although its not in the resort like you were looking for, it's only 10 minutes from the park by complimentary shuttle bus...
          What i loved about it was you still get the Disney experience... But you can take a break there as there is a big shopping centre, and an aquarium, and also restaurants and bars. Handy if you want to get a break from resort food... Also the price is very appealing

I've stayed in the resort before and now i've experienced a partner hotel.
          I'm going back this summer and at the moment im swinging towards staying in Hotel l'Elysee again.

Hope that helped a little bit

P.S. We asked for a room with three separate beds... Froom the window of our first room you could see the park...
          Unfortunately our second room didn't have a similare view, but it had a view of the Val d'Europe Shopping centre which looks lovely lit up.
          Also the room was huge.. It didn't have a room number but it was Called "WAGRAM". It had a flat screen tv and 4 or 5 windows in comparisson to the standard box tv and 1 window... If you're bookin a room in this hotel it is definitly worth your while to ask specifically for the WAGRAM room.
          Last edited by Laura678; 03-11-2008, 11:51 AM.

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X