Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPACE MOUNTAIN - is the soundtrack working?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPACE MOUNTAIN - is the soundtrack working?

I am a regular visitor of Disneyland Resort Paris and I need to say that I noticed (since 1 year) that almost everytime I visit the park and of course Space Mountain, the loudspeakers in my train are not working.

Is this just me or do the loudspeakers not work?

Re: SPACE MOUNTAIN - is the soundtrack working?

The criticism of the sound system in DLP's Space Mountain is a regular topic of discussion on this forum.

I haven't had a problem with it myself - but that is probably because the last time I rode it was 1997!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Comment

Hey euro disney stefan you are not alone here, althrough my problem was that the soundtrack was working, but it wasn't being piped through loud enough. I could just about make out the soundtrack playing when I rode the attraction last year, very faint.
      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

The maintenance try to fix it as much as they can, but the problem now is that the ride shake so much that it just break the system! RnRC and Space Mountain now share the same on board audio system, yet no problems on RnRC and it barely works on Space Mountain.

Comment

I think on one carriage (at least) the music doesn't work, and when it does, as has been said, it's mighty quiet. I sounds alot like hearing music that someone is listening to on an iPod. However, again, on R'n'RC no problems. Mystery indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
            I think on one carriage (at least) the music doesn't work, and when it does, as has been said, it's mighty quiet. I sounds alot like hearing music that someone is listening to on an iPod. However, again, on R'n'RC no problems. Mystery indeed.
            Not really, SM is rough as all get out and RNRC is still smooth. If they had just fixed the track and cars instead of Mission 2, things would be in a much better position.
            Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Maybe they can fix this with some music in the building itself? Some background music..

Comment

Originally posted by Japper View Post
                Maybe they can fix this with some music in the building itself? Some background music..
                Oh god no. This attraction was originally designed for the score to synch with the movement, like a dance. Disney now have 8 coasters with this technology, Universal has a couple, and Hard Rock Park has a couple. They need to fix it and the track, not dumbing it down any further. Pretty soon it will seem like a fun fair ride (Black Hole at Alton Towers) rather than a proper Disney e-ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                  Pretty soon it will seem like a fun fair ride (Black Hole at Alton Towers) rather than a proper Disney e-ticket.
                  Started seeming like that three years ago... grumbles

Comment

Originally posted by DeadlyAvenger View Post
                    Started seeming like that three years ago... grumbles
                    Agreed. I wonder if Disney realises how bad a job they did with this one? And indeed if there is ever a chance of them fixing it?

Comment

The problem is it's not Mission 2 that's bad, it's an excellent and high-quality coaster (ok bar the dodgy speakers) but it just isn't From The Earth to the Moon, which the idea for was so good that it could never be topped.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzog View Post
                        The problem is it's not Mission 2 that's bad, it's an excellent and high-quality coaster (ok bar the dodgy speakers) but it just isn't From The Earth to the Moon, which the idea for was so good that it could never be topped.
                        Agreed. I don't bother riding Space in DLP anymore. As a matter of fact, the wait time for it was 40 mins on sunday in the stand by line.

Comment

Still, I must say I think I prefer M2 to the other SMs, as in the 'classic' ones. I'm probably gonna get stoned for that.

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                            Black Hole at Alton Towers
                            Tehe, ahh that is long gone though!

It is a shame, it is 50/50 for me one time the on ride audio systems work then the following time chances are it wont work.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X