Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast Logo and Teaser !!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast Logo and Teaser !!!

this logo looks great for our Discoveryland .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Re: Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast Logo and Teaser !!!

uhhh, why dont they just call it Astro Blasters, it sounds more exciting than Laser Blast and that is the name the Imagineer's perfered to name the Florida's one.

Comment

I would assume that "Laser Blast" would translate to French easier. Plus, the logo looks great. As the 60's type logo fits the Disneyland Tomorrowland of yore, this really fits the theme.
      -Monorail Man

Comment

:roll: :roll:
        Whoopie, this looks nice. A little bit flashy. The honey I shrunk the kids entrance is too, but this is way better! You can definetly say you can't miss it . Still I hope they don't make it into a huge sign. A small neonlight version will do..
        - Milo

Comment

Thanks for sharing! That logo looks great! Good job Disney!
          Rocket Rods--Ride The Road To Tomorrow

Comment

I like it, and I think having a different name helps distinguish the DLP Buzz from the others.

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
            Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Comment

Certainly looks slick. Although, I do wonder why they keep changing the name. After all, there is Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at WDW and Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters at DLR, one wonders why they choose to change it yet again. Ah well.

Comment

Hi,

For the name they made an Internet poll via their website. We had the possibility to choose between 5 or 6 names (don't ask what they were... I can't remember ) and the one with the most votes is the one you see here...

I wonder why they do not do the same kind of poll regarding the Walt Disney Studio guests satisfaction...

Comment

Originally posted by cali74
                  Hi,

For the name they made an Internet poll via their website. We had the possibility to choose between 5 or 6 names (don't ask what they were... I can't remember ) and the one with the most votes is the one you see here...
                  Not quite true. The name with the most votes was actually Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure, but after all that fuss and nonsense, the marketing department decided they didn't like it, so changed it to Lazer Blast! :blink:
                  Originally posted by fizzog
                  Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

What's the timeline for this attraction to open?

Comment

The logo seems a bit too...er...amature...however the bottom teaser works great!

Comment

depending on how the details actually turn out Id say they keep changing the name to make people believe its different attraction and not an exact clone. Id say thats mostly true. there are some differences between the two attractions at wdw and dlr. well see what they do with this one! hopefully it keeps getting better.

In the words of Brandon Martin... "Viva La France"!
                        "There's no off position on the genius switch"

Twitter: @WRDinc | Instagram: @WRDinc

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon
                          What's the timeline for this attraction to open?
                          April 1st. And it's not an April Fool's joke. :ap:

I hope we get the snazzy Tokyo/California version of the ride. The Florida version's not bad, but looks a bit cheap. And just a little titbit of info for you all - Paris will actually have the longest version of Buzz anywhere in the world. Not much longer mind you, but every little counts.
                          Originally posted by fizzog
                          Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Originally posted by WRDest79
                            depending on how the details actually turn out Id say they keep changing the name to make people believe its different attraction and not an exact clone. Id say thats mostly true. there are some differences between the two attractions at wdw and dlr. well see what they do with this one! hopefully it keeps getting better.
                            Don't know about the Paris one, but I do know why the names changed from Florida to Tokyo/Anaheim. According to Eric Jacobson, senior vice prez. of creative development in Imagineering, when they were doing the ride in Fla, they thought the spinning aspect would be the big deal, and so named the ride accordingly. But after the ride opened they realized that people really just use the spinning to better position themselves to get points. So when they named the next ride, in Tokyo, they decided to give the ride a name that focused on the real main deal, the blasting of the targets.

Comment

and made the guns removable to make it better... LOL... (I want better guns.. I loved DL's..)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X