• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York - welcome your views

Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Re: Disneyland Hotel or Hotel New York - welcome your views

go DH

I've only stayed there once, but it was a great experience. Beeing right at the gate of the park is priceless. Only in DLP and TDL can you live that, so i'd suggest you do. The only drawback is the pool which is very limited and indoor only. I think a hotel of this class deserves a better pool. But other than that it's a wonderful place to stay. Beside, breakfast is huge, and if you pay the price you can have a nice view (wouldn't count getting one on the park side though, even if willing to pay, they're always taken)

Tata !
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

Even you loathe Newport so much, have you considered a Resort suite there? You get room service, VIP fast passes, breakfast in Captains Quartier, big room with lounge. And with a price of reqular room in DLH.
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by CheriBibi View Post
        go DH

I've only stayed there once, but it was a great experience. Being right at the gate of the park is priceless. Only in DLP and TDL can you live that, so i'd suggest you do. The only drawback is the pool which is very limited and indoor only. I think a hotel of this class deserves a better pool. But other than that it's a wonderful place to stay. Beside, breakfast is huge, and if you pay the price you can have a nice view (wouldn't count getting one on the park side though, even if willing to pay, they're always taken)

Tata !
        Well I was thinking that the Grand Californian really does make our stay at DL, so this would be great too. Sadly the Marriott (where we like to stay these days) is pretty much booked, and the 3 days where the houses are available, it is the same price as the DLH, but does not include tickets or breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
          Even you loathe Newport so much, have you considered a Resort suite there? You get room service, VIP fast passes, breakfast in Captains Quartier, big room with lounge. And with a price of reqular room in DLH.
          Thanks for the suggestion Zarniwoop. But after 3 times trying the NBC and never having had a good stay there, I am nervous to try that one.

Comment

Go for the DLH if you can afford it. We have stayed there 3 times (and 2 times at the HNY) And the DLH will make your stay.
            Although I like them both I would always choose the DLH. Because it is the most magical off them all.
            And you are right, the HNY is more of an Adult Hotel. I love the theme of the HNY but I assume that children will love the pink hotel even more.
            And it is so great to have breakfast in the morning with a view to the park. Or walk around in the evening and have a look at an almost empty park.
            Or in the morning you can walk around FantasiaGardens and you are almost alone.
            And during the day you can go back to your room within minutes and you can refresh/heat up yourself. And if the children should feel tired, go to your room make a 30 minutes break and when you leave the hotel afterwards you are right in the park and you don't have to think about that you have to walk 15 minutes (with children) back to the parks.
            We will be there in June and my BF agreed that we will stay at the HNY. But I upgraded our stay to DLH because it is his birthday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X